Dan Le Batard FINALLY Eats Crow on Josh Allen

mykidsdad

14 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

People here that don't listen all the time "You don't get the show" LOL.  Glad he's come over the good side

I got it.....  Sure 99% did not.....😜

Dan is a fun listen.  Sometimes off the rails, but he went after Josh hard & now has changed his mind.  

Not everyone is a Buffalo Bills fan, so got to give them more time.

Next Bill Simmons & Cousin Sal.....😆

Bill Barnwell, another Allen hater, has finally had his come to Joshy moment as well (from ESPN):  

"Bills fans who expected Josh Allen to come good after struggling earlier in his career have every right to crow about what they've seen through three weeks. After taking a step forward in 2019 and improving his decision-making, he has taken an enormous stride this season. In 2018, Allen was a hindrance to the Bills' chances of winning. In 2019, he was good enough to stay out of the way. In 2020, he is driving Buffalo's success. This team would not be 3-0 without Allen playing as well as he has....

Although Allen missed a pair of open receivers for touchdowns against the Jets in Week 1 as a product of footwork issues, his accuracy is undeniably better so far in 2020. His CPOE has improved to plus-3.7%, the eighth-best mark in the league among quarterbacks. He looks more comfortable in the pocket and has done a better job of repeatedly setting himself to throw before making accurate passes. On Sunday, when pressured by the Rams in the second half, we even saw him drop down and attempt some nearly sidearm passes to get the ball out before Aaron Donald & Co. could get home, often successfully.

The other big problem was that Allen wasn't an effective deep passer. In 2019, on throws traveling 16 or more yards downfield, he ranked 29th out of 32 passers in QBR (67.0), 30th in completion percentage (37.1%), 30th in yards per attempt (9.9) and 26th in passer rating (74.4). His misses cost the Bills dearly at times, and his infamous throw to fullback Patrick DiMarco became the symbol of his panic when he needed a big play.

Right now, Allen is the only one laughing. Through three games, he has 14 completions on passes of 16 or more yards, more than any other quarterback. Last year, he had 36 such completions across a full 16-game schedule. He's completing 70% of his deep attempts and averaging 20.6 yards per attempt, both of which rank in the top five. He has a 99.9 QBR on deep throws, trailing only that of Wilson and Jared Goff through three weeks....

What is also true, though, is that one bad game from Allen doesn't erase or reset the progress he has shown through the first three weeks of the season. If he has a disastrous start against the Raiders on Sunday, he'll still have the Bills at 3-1 with much better passing numbers than we saw from him in 2019. What he has accomplished so far shows that he has the ability to reach what appeared to be an impossible ceiling coming out of school and that he's a lot closer to realizing that potential on a regular basis than I expected after last season. If he can be this guy week in and week out, the Bills have a credible case as one of the three or four best teams in football."

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bill Barnwell, another Allen hater, has finally had his come to Joshy moment as well (from ESPN😞

"Bills fans who expected Josh Allen to come good after struggling earlier in his career have every right to crow about what they've seen through three weeks. After taking a step forward in 2019 and improving his decision-making, he has taken an enormous stride this season. In 2018, Allen was a hindrance to the Bills' chances of winning. In 2019, he was good enough to stay out of the way. In 2020, he is driving Buffalo's success. This team would not be 3-0 without Allen playing as well as he has....

Although Allen missed a pair of open receivers for touchdowns against the Jets in Week 1 as a product of footwork issues, his accuracy is undeniably better so far in 2020. His CPOE has improved to plus-3.7%, the eighth-best mark in the league among quarterbacks. He looks more comfortable in the pocket and has done a better job of repeatedly setting himself to throw before making accurate passes. On Sunday, when pressured by the Rams in the second half, we even saw him drop down and attempt some nearly sidearm passes to get the ball out before Aaron Donald & Co. could get home, often successfully.

The other big problem was that Allen wasn't an effective deep passer. In 2019, on throws traveling 16 or more yards downfield, he ranked 29th out of 32 passers in QBR (67.0), 30th in completion percentage (37.1%), 30th in yards per attempt (9.9) and 26th in passer rating (74.4). His misses cost the Bills dearly at times, and his infamous throw to fullback Patrick DiMarco became the symbol of his panic when he needed a big play.

Right now, Allen is the only one laughing. Through three games, he has 14 completions on passes of 16 or more yards, more than any other quarterback. Last year, he had 36 such completions across a full 16-game schedule. He's completing 70% of his deep attempts and averaging 20.6 yards per attempt, both of which rank in the top five. He has a 99.9 QBR on deep throws, trailing only that of Wilson and Jared Goff through three weeks....

What is also true, though, is that one bad game from Allen doesn't erase or reset the progress he has shown through the first three weeks of the season. If he has a disastrous start against the Raiders on Sunday, he'll still have the Bills at 3-1 with much better passing numbers than we saw from him in 2019. What he has accomplished so far shows that he has the ability to reach what appeared to be an impossible ceiling coming out of school and that he's a lot closer to realizing that potential on a regular basis than I expected after last season. If he can be this guy week in and week out, the Bills have a credible case as one of the three or four best teams in football."

They need to just stop saying things like "although he missed a pair of open receivers"... that just falls flat for me when they start out with some lame way of trying to justify their past positions. Every QB, even those considered elite, have errant passes. None elicit the level of scrutiny of Allen and that needs to stop.

Just accept that even great QBs miss some layups over the course of a game , it happens all the time, and don't use a different means of measuring just for Allen. It has been their overwhelming application of confirmation-bias focusing on the few mistakes that has led them down the path of missing the bigger picture of his growth as an elite NFL QB with some physical skills that are off the charts.

Not that there are not things for Allen to work on, but his attitude of wanting to be the best and continuing to improve his craft leave me less worried about slack and complacency setting in.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bill Barnwell, another Allen hater, has finally had his come to Joshy moment as well (from ESPN😞

My issue is with his lead-in about 2018, 2019–clearly he didn’t actually watch those Bills games, or he would’ve seen that his characterizations are overly simplistic. Yes, no doubt our D was monster and Josh was not what he is now—but there were plenty of flashes, and games we won on his shoulders (or legs), defense notwithstanding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Don't crows eat batard?  Not the other way around?

batard
/bəˈtärd/

noun

1. a short loaf of French bread having an oval or oblong shape.
    "I picked up a rustic batard from my favorite grocer"

He's got the short loaf, for sure.

10 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Whenever he fills in on Pardon the Interruption I turn the channel. I can’t stand the sound of his voice 

I was too cheap to add NFL to my SiriusXM subscription, and instead found (during my drive times) Maddog, Wright, and or Schein on an ESPN channel and Undisputed on Fox Sports, and I am running back to SiriusXM with my money so fast, my ears are bleeding.

WHY DO ALL THESE GUYS YELL!!!!! WHO ARE YOU YELLING AT??? :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Pretty limp apology.

Well he is a Loaf... after all.,,,