Who do you want Bills to draft with our first round pick next year?

Rigotz

Everyone always leans towards the flashy DE's, but I think in our defense, with the issues we have had we go for an impact DT if one is graded high enough to warrant the pick.

We need that guy who not only anchors the d-line, but can get push on the pocket. Someone like that makes everyone else better, frees Oliver to be the disruptive force he can be from the interior, frees our ends because if forces QBs off their spot and they have to slide left or right. And it creates the room for LBs to stay clean and fill the gaps to attack the run.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Everyone always leans towards the flashy DE's, but I think in our defense, with the issues we have had we go for an impact DT if one is graded high enough to warrant the pick.

We need that guy who not only anchors the d-line, but can get push on the pocket. Someone like that makes everyone else better, frees Oliver to be the disruptive force he can be from the interior, frees our ends because if forces QBs off their spot and they have to slide left or right. And it creates the room for LBs to stay clean and fill the gaps to attack the run.

Not a bad idea.

Star is on his way out and we see how bad we miss him already. Harry is floudering.

I guess Butler is doing "ok". But we could definitely use a big time compliment to Ed.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Top priority should be DE unless you trade the pick for a veteran DE like we did with Diggs. After that obviously White needs help on the other side badly. 3rd would be a true MLB. Edmunds' run stuffing instincts might not pan out?

That's not what McDermott wants or needs tho. Edmunds is playing wonderfully in McD's D and it doesnt call for a thumper in the middle. Never has, never will.

Agree DE is top priority, but I think OLB is a big need as well.

Micah Parsons. LB

A true MLB who stuffs the run and is a complete 3 down LB. Move Tremaine to OLB. 

Kyle Pitts TE

Will instantly be a top 10 TE in the NFL. Think Darren Waller. Kid is a stud. 

1. OLB - If Milano is not retained this will be the biggest need on defense imo. 

2. CB - The #2 CB position is a clear weakness as well, but we have EJ Gaines coming back next year who did excel when healthy in this system.

3. DE - We'll see how things play out, but it never hurts to get a top end pass rushing prospect.

4. OL - If a prospect they like falls into our lap then building the trenches is never a bad option. 

5. DT - Same reason as #4 and they could both be interchanged. We may want to look into drafting a TRUE 1-Tech for this defense.  

This would be the order I'm looking in, but you always go BPA. If BPA is a Safety then so be it. If BPA is a RB then so be it. Maybe we trade out of the first and pick up another 2nd and 3rd? If that's what happens then so be it. I trust Beane with this franchise more than I have trusted any other GM in my lifetime at this point. 

I think that we should draft corners and safeties in every round, and even trade up while doing so.

There is no reason to make a blue collar, cold weather team like the Bills physically stronger.

Also, Josh is very mobile and the RBs are good. Why waste picks on blocking?

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

I trust Beane with this franchise more than I have trusted any other GM in my lifetime at this point. 

Me too.

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Best player on the board at #32.

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Best player on the board at #32.

What they said!  BPA @ 32!   

And I mean it, but let’s elaborate... Probably No: P, K, S, QB, LB, G, RB...maybe C too....

meaning we could go best: WR,  TE, OT,  DT, DE, or CB available.

i tip my hat to those who say DE or CB because I understand it, but I wouldn’t limit myself.... 

Maybe even LB if we could get a true blue-chipper somehow....

The Bills drafted guys that took a really long time.... I’m still waiting on Edmunds (I know he was an alternate pro bowler but he is raw in a lot of ways) ....Oliver doesn’t look like things are clicking,  Allen is one of the most valuable players in the league and I’m not complaining but he was a long-time developer and he STILL is going to get better maybe much better. Now, Epenesa has to switch sides, right to left and that’s a difficult switch that takes time to master, so it’s going to take him awhile.

Maybe next year we could draft someone with a short adjustment period?  

Is Williams the answer at RT? I still haven’t noticed anyone beat him. Can we sign him? Can he run block? I haven’t noticed how he run blocks either way but the line in general can’t get push if the DL is thinking run. I think they are getting better at it week to week though.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

After thinking about it, I think LB is where it's at.

Even if Milano re-signs. And especially so if he doesnt.

No question.  Edmunds and Milano are good ones, but we don't have much LB depth after that.  Maybe Dodson?  And Milano isn't guaranteed to sign.  LBs don't always go high, but we won't be picking high, so perhaps one will slot in at the back of the 1st round, where the Bills will be picking.  It seems like we have more depth at just about all other positions.

Trade down. I want 5 picks in the second and third. Beane will hit on at least two good starters and some depth. We need cap space and will need to draft quality depth each of the next few years, so day 2 picks will be critical. 

Grab an OG, MLB (move Tremaine outside), OLB, 1-tech DT, and S. Pretty easy to get solid starters at those positions on Day 2. Maybe take a shot at a high upside CB or DE. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think Epenesa will be a player.. not saying he’ll be Mack or Bosa but I think that by the end of the year he’ll be established.. Addison and Hughes have also been good for us, not overly worried about DE but if a good EDGE is available, why not? Could see us drafting a stud DT to put next to Oliver also. We have more at DE than we do DT. CB, LB, TE and OL are all possibilities as well.. For a 3-0 team we have more holes than you’d think..

I agree with needing a DT, we need some real beef on the interior Dline. like a big athletic dude, 350 lbs, 6' 5"+ type dude. We are missing Jordan Phillips in the run D imo

anyone out there in the draft that matches this description? I haven't started researching at all

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I believe the Bills need to start thinking about getting faster at Safety. 

I think that a hybrid S/OLB is definitely an option. They had Kyle Dugger as their top available player heading into day 2 of the draft. They just couldn’t get him. He has been a stud as has Jeremy Chinn. If another unicorn like that pops up he will be the pick. 

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Maybe resurrect this thread in I don’t know April 2021, when free agency and most trades done.  Then is a great time to talk about a draft a year from now.

Well that doesn’t make a lot of sense with the college season going on. We all know the areas where the Bills could improve or have pending FAs. There is no reason that we should avoid following the prospects at those positions to form opinions. Just because the Bills are good doesn’t mean that rookies won’t help them. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl and are starting a rookie corner, rookie punter, rookie RB and have 4 more rookies in their 2 deep. We should always be talking about and planning ahead.

• Like (+1) 4

KJ, it’s just my opinion, but I’m not one to start the off season tracking until the off season.  It doesn’t mean I don’t follow whatever college ball we have, id rather focus my friend on this season and follow what we are doing now, like will McD and Frazier have a solution for some improvement on the runs up the gut.  I don’t care if you guys want to run wild with these topics, but to me it’s just early.  Love hearing the opinions once we get to the off season.