Who do you want Bills to draft with our first round pick next year?

Rigotz

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

DE, CB, LB

I think we need to see more of Epenesa. Still so much more football to be played but I am highly encouraged by him.. I think he’ll be a nice player for us but you are right that DE is a premier position.. if you think a 10 sack per year guy is there, you take him. Period. I think we’ll be picking between 23-32... We have a huge need at DT right now but we need run stuffers, those guys typically don’t go high and I’m ultra sketchy about paying a DT top money because they have a tendency of going Albert Haynesworth or Marcell Dareus on ya when they get paid.. I’d love to be able and take a stud LB or CB with that first pick more than anything.. Imagine two shutdown corners! Or heck, adding a stud LB to the mix while retaining Edmunds and Milano makes this defense a lot better.. Or we could go guard or RT.. A OG or RT with that first pick isn’t sexy...but we need to protect Allen and get that run game going.. Really depends on whose there but DE, LB, CB, DT, G, RT.... All depends!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Ravens have an MVP QB and they are in the AFC. 

Chiefs won the Super Bowl and their QB was SB MVP. Theyre in the AFC.

Both those QB’s are extremely young. 

Only correct answer:  continue to build the offense. Continue to elevate Allen. You’ll never be able to fully stop a team like the Chiefs even with a really good defense. Youll still have to score at least 25 to win. 

1. There are few really good TE in the next draft. Get one for Allen. 
2. If not, best OL available

then go to work on defense and hope MCD can work his magic 

Edited by bobobonators

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think we need to see more of Epenesa. Still so much more football to be played but I am highly encouraged by him.. I think he’ll be a nice player for us but you are right that DE is a premier position.. if you think a 10 sack per year guy is there, you take him. Period. I think we’ll be picking between 23-32... We have a huge need at DT right now but we need run stuffers, those guys typically don’t go high and I’m ultra sketchy about paying a DT top money because they have a tendency of going Albert Haynesworth or Marcell Dareus on ya when they get paid.. I’d love to be able and take a stud LB or CB with that first pick more than anything.. Imagine two shutdown corners! Or heck, adding a stud LB to the mix while retaining Edmunds and Milano makes this defense a lot better.. Or we could go guard or RT.. A OG or RT with that first pick isn’t sexy...but we need to protect Allen and get that run game going.. Really depends on whose there but DE, LB, CB, DT, G, RT.... All depends!

Spot on. 

Beane will trade up in the 1st. He isn't waiting to draft as many depth players as possible. He's going to identify a player he believes will help the team become a Super Bowl favorite and he'll do what it takes to trade up for him. DE or TE are most likely IMO.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, SWATeam said:

CB.

We need some youth in our secondary.

Yep.  There was a period there where i got sick of the Bills taking DBs in the 1st round.  Now it may be the biggest need.  Also backup LB.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, Rigotz said:

It seems like almost every year around this time we're at least 1% thinking about the draft. This year, I don't have a clue and couldn't care less.

If you want to talk about the draft, feel free to do so here!

Go Bills. 🍻

Someone who can put a mitt on the opposing QB before they matriculate the ball down the field.

I am pretty sure the first pick will be defense. Corner or defensive end I think, though safety, linebacker and the wildcard of tight end are not completely impossible. 

It is the perfect year to pick a stud young corner. You potentially have 3 or 4 years of top end guys on both sides and then the question whether to pay him comes as Tre's contract becomes easily escapable so then you basically choose who you want to pay in 4 years time... the young guy on his 2nd contract or Tre on his 3rd. 

Equally we know we need an athletic, twitchy, edge player. AJ will hopefully emerge as the "big end" the 7 tech if you like, but they need a long term replacement for Jerry as the 9 tech who should really be your premier edge rush threat. 

If they let Milano walk and are drafting in the last 6 or 7 picks a linebacker comes into view too. I don't think it would be value if we end up earlier in the drafting order but mid 20s if it represents value I could see that - Carolina had Keuchley and Davis and still took Shaq Thompson at #25 when Beane and McDermott were there.

I think a young safety is an early need because as great as Hyde and Poyer have been they are getting older and what we have in the system behind them is a 6th round flier in Jaquan Johnson. I don't expect it in round 1 but again if a stud is sitting there because of a rush on higher value positions the Bills could go that way. 

At tight end if Knox has not shown development by the end of the season I expect them to take another in the first 3 or 4 rounds and as Kirby alluded to there may even be a day 1 option. 

I think the other "need" might be interior offensive line. I think in Spain, Morse, Ford, Feliciano they have good players there but the fact that they are flipping them around and trying Winters suggests they still feel they can get better. Not day 1 I don't think but a young center / guard on day 2 is in play. 

Edited by GunnerBill

When you have a elite QB you want to protect him with the best O-Line that you can get. If the NFL keeps letting the O-Line hold like this, new traits that are coveted for DE/DT might change.

Instead of speed rushers you might want big powerful Reggie White type ends that can Forklift/Bull rush as their best move. I haven’t looked into it yet but it would be interesting to see if the bigger DE are having better sack and pressure success this year.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

• 2 weeks later...

After this loss for the first time in season we are not projected to pick @ 32 :) Tankathon has us at 28, which got us to Pat Freiermuth territory. Previously they mocked either OLB Nick Bolton or EDGE Kwity Paye to us.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

It is really interesting since TE looks like a huge need. But so does DE, CB and LB.

Given the quality of our WRs I'd go defense.