Who do you want Bills to draft with our first round pick next year?

Rigotz

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

KJ, it’s just my opinion, but I’m not one to start the off season tracking until the off season.  It doesn’t mean I don’t follow whatever college ball we have, id rather focus my friend on this season and follow what we are doing now, like will McD and Frazier have a solution for some improvement on the runs up the gut.  I don’t care if you guys want to run wild with these topics, but to me it’s just early.  Love hearing the opinions once we get to the off season.

That’s fair. There’s plenty to discuss though. The Bills will definitely have some needs heading into next year as mentioned here. I’m going to spend my Saturdays cheering on the Buckeyes (once they start) and consuming as many other games as I can. I’m always looking for guys that catch my eye or that can make an impact on this team.

On that note, and I’ve preached about this guy before but Pooka Williams!! He’s the best HS athlete that I have ever seen in my life and it isn’t even close. I’ve seen a lot of pro athletes and even all-stars play in high school and this guy was on a different planet. He’s draft eligible this year and would be an AMAZING fit for the Bills. My grandfather used to always say, “the difference between a good player and a great player is that a great player knows when he’s gone.” Watch these highlights everyone and tell me that kind of explosion wouldn’t be an amazing add to this team?!?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

TE, DE, and CB are all the most urgent areas of need in my opinion. Maybe even LB if Milano leaves via free agency. I can also see an early round pick at safety as Hyde and Poyer age and reach the end of their contracts. It feels good to have a roster with no urgent and glaring needs. A lot of these areas of concern are either trying to upgrade an OK position or trying to get younger while effective starters age. 

1 minute ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

We need a playmaker on defense.  Preferably DL, but someone who can wreck a game by being such a ***** freak.  I love the disciplined team defense that McD runs, but we need a stud ***** who can crash a game when the momentum needs to be shifted.

Then we would probably have to move up

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not a bad idea.

Star is on his way out and we see how bad we miss him already. Harry is floudering.

I guess Butler is doing "ok". But we could definitely use a big time compliment to Ed.

That's not what McDermott wants or needs tho. Edmunds is playing wonderfully in McD's D and it doesnt call for a thumper in the middle. Never has, never will.

Agree DE is top priority, but I think OLB is a big need as well.

If it never has and never will, Sean's defense will continue to struggle against the run. If you want "cover only" LB's then fine.

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Then we would probably have to move up

Yes, good point.  I feel like our offense is headed to the stratosphere as it is, but our Defense is going to decline unless we find this stud playmaker.  It's the only missing piece.  If we find it I expect us to challenge for the Super Bowl tout suite.

I think a Guard in the first round would make for some good entertainment around here! :)

A speed rusher at DE or a DB would be my best guess. Look how quickly we turned around the WR corps. Two years ago we had nothing, new we are loaded! These guys will get it done right! 

The best part is we are NOT desperate so we really can go more along the BPA model. It’s never 100% BPA, we won’t be drafting a QB in round one. It looks like we found our guy! 

6 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

QB

In all seriousness, they should trade a 2nd or 3rd for Darnold - he'll be the perfect backup for his buddy Josh.  Sam can slowly recover his psyche sitting on the bench with a great organization.

I am not comfortable with the backup QB situation at all.

Depending on how well they shore up the run defense I would think more a hulking D/NT rather than DE.  Bills don't really have a 1-technique on the roster, and Star was old and mediocre BEFORE he opted out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Yes, good point.  I feel like our offense is headed to the stratosphere as it is, but our Defense is going to decline unless we find this stud playmaker.  It's the only missing piece.  If we find it I expect us to challenge for the Super Bowl tout suite.

I forgot to say this. There might be one in free agency .

CB or DT. I'd say DE, but we still have Addison, Epenesa and Hughes.. I'd like to see this defense able to stop the run for a change. Last year we were 12th and that's the highest we've been for a while. This year we may be ranked higher, but we are obviously struggling there. I also think OL is a likely option if there's someone the like for the value. Building in the trenches works for me because we're just average across the board on both sides of the ball (pretty much). On the other hand, if Norman doesn't play well, we really need 2 upgrades at CB -- 1 outside and 1 in the slot. Oh and TE is also an option.

49 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

I forgot to say this. There might be one in free agency .

Well, then we gotta pay them big time.  I'd rather move up and give up draft picks to get a rookie stud.  We're at the stage where draft picks can be tools to add the missing piece that we need to get dat LOMBARDI TROPHY::🤑