Who do you want Bills to draft with our first round pick next year?

Rigotz

Great thread, its always fun to talk about draft, no matter when.

I love checking Tankathon (http://www.tankathon.com/nfl), since I love their formatting and I guess their mocks are as good as anybody's at this stage. I don't watch college so I have no idea who is who but through Tankathon I get familiar with names and positions and then I have a clue who are you talking about when February comes.

Since the season started they have us at 32 due to SOS so they really keep it real too :) At one point they mocked us TE Pat Freiermuth and last two weeks they had us taking OLB Nick Bolton which was interesting since he was around 45 on big board. They refused to mock higher ranked DEs and CBs to us.

Now they finally switched and its EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan. Not sure how I feel about that name :) 

As far as I am concerned right now it looks like first three picks should be Edge, CB and some OL. I guess TE and LB are also possibilites.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Trade it for a stud DE. Better bet than a college kid.

Salary cap = the problem with this.  Stud DE’s cost 15-22 mill a year. 

I think we go BPA at

DE-  I think we could go another season with our current DEs but if the right guy is there, grab him.

DT-  seems to be our biggest problem on D right now. Would prefer to wait til mid ound to get the 1tech we seem to need.

MLB-  I’ve been backing Tremaine as a MLB since we drafted him.  I’ve switched.  Put him at OLB or trade him and resign the injury riddled Milano.  16+ more games this year, maybe he can change my mind.

CB-  Norman is an unknown, but there’s a good chance he gone next year and Levi is a RFA.  We could use a consistent force playing opposite Tre

OL-  give Josh more time and a better running attack.  Why not?

Other than Lawrence, my favorite player in the draft is Micah Parsons.  Sucks that we have little to no chance at drafting him

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Salary cap = the problem with this.  Stud DE’s cost 15-22 mill a year. 

I think we go BPA at

DE-  I think we could go another season with our current DEs but if the right guy is there, grab him.

DT-  seems to be our biggest problem on D right now. Would prefer to wait til kid round to get the 1tech we seem to need.

MLB-  I’ve been backing Tremaine as a MLB since we drafted him.  I’ve switched.  Put him at OLB or trade him and resign the injury riddled Milano.  16+ more games this year, maybe he can change my mind.

CB-  Norman is an unknown, but there’s a good chance he gone next year and Levi is a RFA.  We could use a consistent force playing opposite Tre

Good breakdown.....Think Star opting out is being overlooked some and do not have an issue adding it to the need list 

Those big eat up space guys like Star is imo one of the reasons this years D is having some issues

• Like (+1) 1

I always get pretty concerned when Hyde or Poyer are slow getting up...Both are just so important in this D....I agree with the others that mentioned safety...if there is any worthy of 1st.  Wouldn't mind grooming a replacement.

Edited by Lagoon Blues

CB in round one, TE in round two is my hope.  CB is always a need and we could use another stud.  Plus the really good ones are very expensive on the FA market.  TE is just a need and not many good ones make it to FA.  We all saw what Hooper got because he was basically it in FA. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

It's going to be a late first round pick.  At that spot, it's unrealistic to expect to be able to find a difference-making pass rusher, regardless how much we might need one.  It's likely that we use that pick on a safety or a cornerback, which will also be a position of need.  I really want to see us spend a third or fourth on another TE.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t look at it as a stupid question and you should ALWAYS be thinking about the draft. The goal is to keep the window open. In order to do that you need to continue to draft well and replace more expensive vets. I think that they could use a young, athletic edge rusher. Maybe Jayson Oweh, Carlos Basham or Quincy Roche? I’d also consider Kyle Pitts as I think he’s the future of the NFL at the TE position. 

Big Mitts Pitts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It seems like almost every year around this time we're at least 1% thinking about the draft. This year, I don't have a clue and couldn't care less.

If you want to talk about the draft, feel free to do so here!

Go Bills. 🍻

So you started a thread on a subject you are clueless on, and could not care less about?

[insert head scratching emoji here]

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

So you started a thread on a subject you are clueless on, and could not care less about?

[insert head scratching emoji here]

Look at the original intention of the post before I edited it.

People wanted to talk about the draft, so I changed it.

Not really a head scratcher, Sherlock Holmes.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Great thread, its always fun to talk about draft, no matter when.

I love checking Tankathon (http://www.tankathon.com/nfl), since I love their formatting and I guess their mocks are as good as anybody's at this stage. I don't watch college so I have no idea who is who but through Tankathon I get familiar with names and positions and then I have a clue who are you talking about when February comes.

Since the season started they have us at 32 due to SOS so they really keep it real too :) At one point they mocked us TE Pat Freiermuth and last two weeks they had us taking OLB Nick Bolton which was interesting since he was around 45 on big board. They refused to mock higher ranked DEs and CBs to us.

Now they finally switched and its EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan. Not sure how I feel about that name :) 

As far as I am concerned right now it looks like first three picks should be Edge, CB and some OL. I guess TE and LB are also possibilites.

Paye would be a good pick.

I think Epenesa will be a player.. not saying he’ll be Mack or Bosa but I think that by the end of the year he’ll be established.. Addison and Hughes have also been good for us, not overly worried about DE but if a good EDGE is available, why not? Could see us drafting a stud DT to put next to Oliver also. We have more at DE than we do DT. CB, LB, TE and OL are all possibilities as well.. For a 3-0 team we have more holes than you’d think..