Are we still a 9-7 team?

The funny part is I started this thread at 3-0 to get folks mentally prepared for a loss, and even a bad loss, and the fact that it doesnt necessarily ruin our entire season. But people seemed to have forgotten about the first 4 wins very quickly.

We wont continue to play as badly as yesterday. We'll get key starters back from injury. We'll show up mentally & physically prepared.

The season isnt over.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Are those numbers correct?  One 53 yard run and 7 for a total of 52 yards? So one on run with under 1 minute  in the game with the game already lost got 53 but the other 6 he netted a one yard loss?  Frankly not very impressive given those numbers.

:oops: Typo, 34 yard run. He also had one catch for a TD, 3 targets.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

I was washing my car earlier and a bird flew over and ***** right on my head. Ran down the side of my face. Some say this means good luck is coming.

Some would argue the substance on your head has a strikingly similar composition as the content of this post...

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I've been pondering the upcoming schedule a while now, and while this team is pretty much where I expected them to be through the first 6 games there is serious concern about how they may fare the rest of the way with many more TEN/KC type of teams and games left. And if the defense continues to be horrendous and Allen is regressing to the same guy we saw the first few years this could certainly be 2008/2011 all over again.

So this is my take and curious what others believe will happen:

@ Jets - W, 5-2

As bad as things are right now pretty sure this team will not struggle here but I certainly don't expect a 40-7 type of statement because that's not what McD teams do. If anything this will be one of his signature 27-17 type of 'blowouts' that we saw in week one.

Patriots - L, 5-3

As dire as things may look for the Patriots, Belichik is still lurking and knows they are only one game behind the Bills in the loss column as of today. I expect them to rebound against the 49ers this week and embarrass this team in a few weeks which is when the wheels truly begin to come off as McD falls to 0-7 vs the Pats and Belichik and the Bills time atop the AFC East likely ends for good this year.

Seahawks - L, 5-4

Another elite team up there with the Chiefs and Titans and even though their defense has also struggled we all know they'll look dominant against this team because that is the same story with the previous two weeks where a very poor defense on paper player their 'get on track' game against the Bills.

@ Cardinals - L, 5-5

Another week, another great QB and offense. Not sure the Cardinals are in the same weight class yet as some of the other teams the Bills face but unless things change drastically with the Bills defense they simply won't be able to keep up here with Weapons like Drake, Hopkins and Murray.

Bye

Chargers - W, 6-5

Desperate coming out of the bye the Bills end a 3 game losing streak and stay in the playoff picture and Allen leads a late 4th quarter comeback against a Chargers team that probably isn't playoff bound this year but has been a tough out and in every game this year so far.

@ 49ers - L, 6-6

Another tough primetime/west coast game that should be a close battle but the 49ers do enough to win to keep their season alive in a loaded division and conference and the we simply don't get it done in a game that was probably winnable.

Steelers - L, 6-7

This may very well be the best team in the AFC and they will send a message here not only effectively ending the Bills season but getting revenge for the Bills doing the same to them last year barely beating a team led by 'Duck' Hodges.

@ Broncos - W, 7-7

Denver will also likely be hanging on by a thread for any faint playoff hopes here but I could see this being the 'too little, too late' classic late season Bills dominant win (i.e. another McDermott 10 point margin of victory special).

@ Patriots - L, 7-8

Even if there is a faint chance the Bills could still make the playoffs and/or win the division here it's not happening especially if Belichik and the Patriots are in the drivers seat and I get the feeling they will be even if this is not the Patriots teams of years past.

Dolphins - W, 7-9

Whether they are in the playoff picture our not it will be another big blow to end the season realizing not only are their serious question marks about this franchise and current regime heading forward, bu the reality is they are going to behind both the Patriots and Dolphins in the division heading into the 2021 campaign, and oh by the way the Jets will likely be landing the next generational franchise QB with the #1 overall pick in Trevor Laurence.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh........ sooooooo scary.....