Are we still a 9-7 team?

The only games I "expect" us to win are the fins, jets and broncos. The rest of our schedule is against teams that are showing very well so far and could go either way. If we take 50% of them, that does get us to 11-5 though, which I think would be a pretty good result.

Why do people think this schedule is so difficult? Even pessimistically looking at the schedule its not that difficult. Yes after the Titans game the Bills have a hard 4 game stretch. Pats, Chiefs and Seahawks (with the only easy game being the Jets) is a touch stretch but I think they can go 2-2 in that stretch and if they enter into that stretch 4-1 (Which would be splitting the Titans and Raiders game which I think this team can take both.) That would put them at 6-3 going into a back half of the season that is favorable 3 game stretch where at worst they should be able to go 2-1 (which puts them at 8-4) and then they can go 2-2 to end the season (Pats, Steelers, Broncos and Fins) and still finish 10-6. 

Overall I say just focus about going 4-0 against the Raiders. The Bills do admittedly have a tough stretch coming on after the Titans game. So these next two weeks in my opinion will be critical if the Bills hope to go 12+ wins and be in contention for that bye week. If they split these next two I think they go 11-5 if they enter into that Chiefs game 5-0 then I think this is a 12+ win team that can win the division and can be in contention for the bye. 

I picked them to go 9-7

At this point I had Buffalo at  2-1, but that PI Call Against the Rams thwarted me looking like a “genius” 😂 

After this week I had them at 2-2...so if they win this week to go to 4-0 then my locked picks would have me looking at 11-5.

however if they don’t need WK 17 then I say 10-6.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1

I had us 11-5 this season, winning the 1st 4 games, so, so far I've been right the 1st 3 games.  I had losses at Tenn, KC, SF, NE & home vs Sea.  I could easily see us winning Tenn, especially if they aren't at full strength, and SF.  That gets us up to 13-3.  

Not a single: 

16-0 BABY!

I’m shocked! 

I was thinking 10 wins, but if Allen keeps playing like this I can see 11-12 wins, even with this tough schedule. His leap forward has been very impressive. Keep it up, Josh! 

I think 11-5 is very realistic. This is a talented team that has a lot of promise. I expect a solid win or two against top tier teams and a bad loss as part of a successful learning curve.

If we can get some health at the second CB spot and improve the run defense, Bills will be a tough playoff out.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d take 3-3 over these next 6 if one of those wins is against the Patriots. Absolutely can’t lose to the Pats at home but wouldn’t be shocked at all if they lose that one. BB is in McDs head, IMO....BUT Honestly don’t think 4-2 or 5-1 is out of the realm if the defense can get ***** figured out. 

My prediction:

@Vegas- W

@Titans-W

KC-L

@Jets- W

Patriots- L

Seahawks- W

I think we win the game against New England in a few weeks.  It’s time.

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Most preseason predictions, along with Las Vegas, had us as a 9-win team. A fair and reasonable prediction given our schedule and the questions at QB. While it seems the QB questions have been answered, I'd say that Josh's development has been "balanced" by some Defensive regression to keep us about equal to where we were starting. With that said...

We are currently 3-0.

That means, if you believe 9-7 is still a likely outcome with this schedule, we are looking at going 6-7 the rest of the way (yikes).

I see 2 more wins coming from the Dolphins and Jets, and expect to split with the Pats. So that leaves 3 other wins.

Broncos and Chargers are probably the rest of the "obvious" wins. Leaving only 1 more win out of Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, and Steelers.

I'd have to think we can get a win from one of those better teams*. But could also see us dropping a stinker against the Broncos or something (sorry, BBFS).

So sitting at 3-0, and getting a head start on our record, how do YOU see the rest of the season playing out? Can we get to 10-6? Are we mentally prepared to go 6-7 the rest of the way?

edit to clarify: When I say "those better teams", I mean that as "the better teams on our schedule", not "teams that are better than us". I also believe we can certainly beat more than 1 of them.

Just crazy to think that with this good start, we could be looking at 10-11 wins even with a tough schedule. Also steeling myself to understand that even if we do go 6-7 the rest of the way, we still have a good shot at the division since I dont see the Pats being much better.

In my opinion, we have an infinitely better team than the Jets, Dolphins, Broncos and Chargers.  We should win all 4 of these.

In my opinion, we have a significantly better team than the Patriots (x2), Raiders and Cardinals.  We should win at least 2-3 of these.

In my opinion, it's a toss-up against the Titans, Seahawks, 49ers (especially with injuries) and Steelers.  We should win at least 1-2 of these.

The only team I would clearly put us as underdogs is against the Chiefs.  And I think we have a decent chance of winning that one too.

Put it all together, and I think 10 wins is our floor.  13 wins is our ceiling.  The most likely outcome is something in-between.

• Like (+1) 1

e With how things are going, I think 10 wins is our floor and we may be right there in talks for Home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

If the team doesnt get ahead of itself and takes every team and week like its the playoffs, there is NOT a team we cant beat

Feels good to see our team finally back here....havent felt this excited since 1990 (regarding the Bills) and this team feels just as , if not more stacked then the 90s Bills. Id actually give the edge to todays team because they are more "business like" and appear to make good choices off the field which is huge and something the 90s Bills didnt do well

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

After Tennessee exposed our defensive weaknesses and they way the offense with was erratic I can see a 9-7 team easily ...

Current                       4-1

Chiefs            L           4-2

Jets                W         5-2

Patriots          L          5-3

Seahawks      L          5-4

Chargers        W         6-4

Cardinals        L          6-5

49ers               W        7-5

Steelers           L         7-6

Broncos          W         8-6

Patriots            L         8-7

Dolphins          W        9-7

I think they lose one of the 5 games between the Cardinals,Chargers,49ers,Broncos, and Dolphins ... I just so happenned to pick the cardinals game

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I did not expect the defense too fall to the bottom of the league. I was thinking 9-10 win team before the season, but now, 7-8.

This seems overly pessimistic but whats going to suck is that now every team we play is going to have a blueprint on how to beat us.   We can't stop anything over the middle, 5-15 yards.  We're going to make every QB look like Steve Young

My biggest punch in the gut from last night is the realization we won't be a serious SB contender.  The D has regressed badly from last year.  I don't even need to review stats, you can see with the eye test (even before the injuries).  The 4 wins are mainly from the offensive side of the ball imo.

The New England games are gonna be tough.  Their D will find a way to keep Allen in check, like they always do...and I'm not sure our D can handle the Pats running game at all.

So my expectations have been lowered from serious AFC contender...to hopefully making the playoffs and winning a playoff game.

Edited by zow2