Titans-Steelers game postponed til later in the season...Titans now effectively have a bye week to prepare for Bills

Big Turk
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Operating out of an abundance of caution is the only way to go.  They play the game and infect the other team- then we have a major season threating outbreak.

I don't disagree, but science seems to show that if you're testing negative before the game, chances are highly unlikely you can pass the virus during that time.   

Hopefully this rings true as we've seen no positives on the Vikings.   

I'm saying what i'm saying based off 5 positive cases as of today... of course if they keep getting positive tests tomorrow and the next day, then you have to postpone because the PS squad rules were meant to alleviate a few cases, not a full blown outbreak.

Edited by SCBills

20 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't like this...it effectively gives the Titans a major advantage because they screwed up and are now rewarded with extra time to prepare for us that we don't have.

a major advantage? Players are sick and the facility is closed? Where's the advantage?

• Like (+1) 1

I hate it that the Bills have to play a rested opponent. That being said, the Titans prep with closed facilities has not been optimal. And big picture - I would like to make sure the season goes forward - dont want a bunch of Steelers coming down with Covid and that leading to a spate of cancellations. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2 things:

1- How do we know they screwed up?

2- how much time does it take to prepare: run, run, run, run, play action pass.

Word on the street is the Titans were bringing in people for weekly FA visits to their facility without testing them at all and one of those players they brought in is the cause behind it...

18 minutes ago, scribo said:

HUGE mistake by the NFL. Consistency is key to even-ground competition. Should another team have a similar situation arise later in the season, particularly after the bye weeks, the league will not be able to make such accommodations. This sets a precedent that the NFL won't likely be able to follow later.

I hate to say it, but this now truly is the first loose string of an unraveling ball of yarn.

At least this time the fix in the schedule should be pretty easy.  Pittsburgh /Baltimore game gets moved from week 7 to week 8 since they have the same bye week in week 8.  Then Pittsburgh/Tennessee  gets moved to week 7 where Tennessee has their bye originally scheduled.  

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Word on the street is the Titans were bringing in people for weekly FA visits to their facility without testing them at all and one of those players they brought in is the cause behind it...

Which street did you hear this on??

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If true, these situations should cost draft picks.  Dumbass organizations deserve HARSH punishments for putting, not only the season, but peoples lives at risk.

It might be this is just how it is in a year of covid but you better believe it’s a big plus for the titans. They were fixing to play a old school hit you in the mouth game with Pittsburgh those games do take a little out of you. Now you watch they will have plenty of juice to pound the rock on us 

Just now, 97bills said:

It might be this is just how it is in a year of covid but you better believe it’s a big plus for the titans. They were fixing to play a old school hit you in the mouth game with Pittsburgh those games do take a little out of you. Now you watch they will have plenty of juice to pound the rock on us 

it's possible more players are sick, they can't practice and just had a game postponed.....how is this a big plus?

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Word on the street is I’m in the lead of the presidential race. Let’s wait and see what happens. 😛

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Please post facts and not rumors.  

that is how we get threads locked 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2 things:

1- How do we know they screwed up?

2- how much time does it take to prepare: run, run, run, run, play action pass.

True and something tells me we are gonna get a chance to practice a good amount of run fitting against a bruising back this week. 

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

At least this time the fix in the schedule should be pretty easy.  Pittsburgh /Baltimore game gets moved from week 7 to week 8 since they have the same bye week in week 8.  Then Pittsburgh/Tennessee  gets moved to week 7 where Tennessee has their bye originally scheduled.  

This seems totally workable as long as Pit and Bal stay healthy.  But it makes for some interesting what if scenarios league-wide and serves as a reminder that no schedule is safe at the moment.  Would get more difficult too for teams that share a facility like LA and NY.

Edited by wjag

In many leagues, Titans would forfeit..........seems like it might come down to that approach.   Maybe just bad luck, maybe lack of discipline on the part of staff and or players...doesn't matter.  Let the chips fall where they may.  I don't think Steelers should get a W though.....

Edited by bigK14094
Another thought added

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't like this...it effectively gives the Titans a major advantage because they screwed up and are now rewarded with extra time to prepare for us that we don't have.

Seems that way. Raiders are being dumb as well.

20 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Which street did you hear this on??

06B0C05B-A45F-450E-9E63-2B375D4851DA.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3