Josh Allen AFC Player of the Month!

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

His new price tag just got higher!😲

Earning it.

My recommendation is to lock him up as a Bill for life.... a real long-term deal that spreads out the hit and allows Beane to surround him with a decent supporting cast.

Also would signal to Allen, you ARE our franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Earning it.

My recommendation is to lock him up as a Bill for life.... a real long-term deal that spreads out the hit and allows Beane to surround him with a decent supporting cast.

Also would signal to Allen, you ARE our franchise QB.

This place is so weird. In one thread we want to make him our franchise quarterback and in another thread we're discussing him going 9-7.

Life of a Bills fan. The glory is great...for a moment...until you realize that's not a cloud overhead but the other shoe dropping to stomp out your enthusiasm.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

This place is so weird. In one thread we want to make him our franchise quarterback and in another thread we're discussing him going 9-7.

Life of a Bills fan. The glory is great...for a moment...until you realize that's not a cloud overhead but the other shoe dropping to stomp out your enthusiasm.

Even if we did go 9-7 I would not place that all on Allen.

The defense has regressed and needs to get healthier, Allen is putting up elite numbers and if that is not enough to get the wins then the problems are elsewhere.

I think the rebuild that Beane envisioned is moving towards the stage of locking up key pieces to longer deals. Not really anything knee-jerk, just the next phase of rebuilding a franchise, and I don't think it is a stretch to think that Allen is one of those key pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I don't think it is a stretch to think that Allen is one of those key pieces.

Not a stretch at all. If you're a Bills fan and you don't completely dig this guy, then to paraphrase an old man, "You ain't a Bills fan!"

It's just not the stats. This dude completely embraces the fan base, and understands that he has the opportunity to build a Kelly- or Favre-like legacy with the city. You don't get that in Miami or NY or even NE*. The fact that he corrected a reporter about being on a NY team tells you he is all in.

• Thank you (+1) 2

It's not our money, so in a way, make bank Josh... but with this thing called a salary cap, I sure hope there's some good amounts left to surround him for years as well!

The Cheats did it better than anyone with Brady, paying him through his corporation to keep his salary down. Why can't other teams cheat the same way???

• Like (+1) 1