Buffalo Bills players & Covid-19

Nihilarian

The 2020 Buffalo Bills look like they are on their way to another playoff season. 

What worries me is playing another team like the Raiders who have shown a cavalier attitude about the serious virus pandemic. Over 100 Raiders at a party on Monday with nobody wearing face masks. After repeated issues with this team and failures to stay with protocol procedures. If any of these players tests positive the NFL should forfeit the game to Buffalo and allow the Bills players to stay safe. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29633697/heart-condition-linked-covid-19-fuels-power-5-concern-season-viability

"A rare heart condition that could be linked with the coronavirus is fueling concern among Power 5 conference administrators about the viability of college sports this fall.

Myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle, has been found in at least five Big Ten Conference athletes and among several other athletes in other conferences, according to two sources with knowledge of athletes' medical care."

Heart issues linked to COVID-19 gained attention last week after the mother of Indiana offensive lineman Feeney posted her son's plight on Facebook. She wrote: "Unfortunately this virus hit my son very hard compared to most of his teammates. Here was a kid in perfect health, great physical condition and due to the virus ended up going to the ER because of breathing issues. After 14 days of hell battling the horrible virus, his school did additional testing on all those that were positive. My son even received extra tests because he was one of the worst cases. Now we are dealing with possible heart issues! He is still experiencing additional symptoms and his blood work is indicating additional problems. Bottom line, even if your son's schools do everything right to protect them, they CAN'T PROTECT THEM!!"

Suddenly an "elite" athlete is no longer able to play at an elite level. This might be career ending for some. Scary stuff in my view.

Think about being on an airplane with the entire team traveling to another city for hours with only cloth face masks.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/All-3M-Products/Safety/Personal-Safety/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Powered-Supplied-Air-Respirators/Headtops-Hoods-and-Helmets/?N=5002385+8709322+8711017+8711405+8720539+8720547+8753852+3294857497&rt=r3

Am I being over protective for my beloved Buffalo Bills? Helicopter fan? Too much? Anyway, we now have an elite superstar QB and receivers, players. I'd like to see them all stay that way. 

• Simon locked this topic