Top Ten Deep Passers- JA at 8

billsfan_34

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s never received an MVP vote.....but never overlooked? How does that make sense?

that is the definition of overlooked

he's never recieved a vote? at all? This I did not know. I mostly meant he is not overlooked in the public perception. To never have had a single vote is kinda crazy.He's had some stellar years

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

he's never recieved a vote? at all? This I did not know. I mostly meant he is not overlooked in the public perception. To never have had a single vote is kinda crazy.He's had some stellar years

Never one.  

Crazy.  The epitome of overlooked

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Never one.  

Crazy.  The epitome of overlooked

Early years, he wasn't that good of a passer. Ran most of the time. 2014, he choked in the SB. Last year, everyone was caught up in the Lamar Jackson fad. A "modern" NFL QB. What a joke. Simp down the plays. Make people pull up on QB hits. Then turn the cameras on him like he's some backup dancer on MTV. Meanwhile the guys you don't hear about are in a wheelchair the rest of their lives.

Seattle won because they decided to hold every play and dared the refs to throw a flag. The refs didn't because they knew a dying billionaire Paul Allen suing everyone was the last thing they needed. How they play football is bizarre. Score in one play. You should get off the field and prepare for the marathon. Instead you choose crippling pro wrestling for the remaining 3 hours. Then, when it's time to be tough, like 2nd and 1 for the SB win, you throw a quick slant like you're on the Florida Gators. Choking in the SB is disqualifying for a very long time, unless until you win another one.

17 minutes ago, beavis said:

Early years, he wasn't that good of a passer. Ran most of the time. 2014, he choked in the SB. Last year, everyone was caught up in the Lamar Jackson fad. A "modern" NFL QB. What a joke. Simp down the plays. Make people pull up on QB hits. Then turn the cameras on him like he's some backup dancer on MTV. Meanwhile the guys you don't hear about are in a wheelchair the rest of their lives.

Seattle won because they decided to hold every play and dared the refs to throw a flag. The refs didn't because they knew a dying billionaire Paul Allen suing everyone was the last thing they needed. How they play football is bizarre. Score in one play. You should get off the field and prepare for the marathon. Instead you choose crippling pro wrestling for the remaining 3 hours. Then, when it's time to be tough, like 2nd and 1 for the SB win, you throw a quick slant like you're on the Florida Gators. Choking in the SB is disqualifying for a very long time, unless until you win another one.

😳

18 hours ago, gobills404 said:

His passer rating jumps up to 131.1 when you ignore the fake interception. I think he should be at 4th behind Wilson, Goff, and Bridgewater. Rodgers has no business being 2nd.

So now completion percentage matters to Bills fans?  377 yards on 9 completions and a 2:0 TD to INT ratio says otherwise.

Rodgers throws more deep balls than anyone and doesn't have the weapons on the outside that other QBs have. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

So now completion percentage matters to Bills fans?  377 yards on 9 completions and a 2:0 TD to INT ratio says otherwise.

Rodgers throws more deep balls than anyone and doesn't have the weapons on the outside that other QBs have. 

Yeah.... two Super Bowls between Favre and Rodgers is embarrassing.. should have 4-5... Green Bay tends to draft QBs well (although I don’t like Love) but they fail to put good teams around them..

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah.... two Super Bowls between Favre and Rodgers is embarrassing.. should have 4-5... Green Bay tends to draft QBs well (although I don’t like Love) but they fail to put good teams around them..

Yeah, even Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick.  They kind of "lucked" into him.

Rogers in the league for 15 years and Wilson for 8... so Allen in just his 3rd year is in good company with those guys who have worked hard at their craft. Mahomes deep ball completion percentage is abysmal in that list so thinking he is riding on reputation. Ryan has always had a sweet long ball, and nice to see Teddy getting some love after such a rocky start to his pro career.

Not knocking Goff too much, but just 5 deep passes, but he is 5 for 5 and when he is given time he gets that ball in there... would like to see him have to do that without having such a squeaky-clean pocket. That sounds probably a bit small, but I just think Allen is able to do more with pass-pro breaking down around him.

There have been numerous QBs that if you could keep them clean and on their feet they could tear you up. Maybe I am just a bit jealous of that Rams offensive line that has really come together so well for them and frustrated at how hard it is to defend their play action/jet sweep option offense.

Either way, they are sneaking Allen into the conversation more and more to he is getting props for his progress.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Honestly, if Josh ends up the 8th best QB this year overall I'd be really happy.

Hell yeah!

Before the season I was just hoping for a top 15 QB...so he he definitely exceeding all expectations! 🍻