Top Ten Deep Passers- JA at 8

billsfan_34

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wilson is still insanely good.  Mostly ignored.

Many have noticed across sports media- throws a great arc

1 minute ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Honestly, if Josh ends up the 8th best QB this year overall I'd be really happy.

Me too, but I think if his weapons stay healthy and he continues ascending, top 5 is possible. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Many have noticed across sports media- throws a great arc

Me too, but I think if his weapons stay healthy and he continues ascending, top 5 is possible. 

He's thrown 114 TDs against 24 INTs the past 51 games--with mostly trash O-lines.  

He's the best there is right now.  Hands down.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's thrown 114 TDs against 24 INTs the past 51 games--with mostly trash O-lines.  

Facts my friend 😊

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I see the fake INT is hurting his ranking there.

Maybe he would of rose to 7 😜

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His PFF grade should be lower though because his receivers are usually 20 yards away from the nearest defender. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

not ignored at all. He throws a beautiful ball. Always has

I mean he's not often  in the conversation nearly as much as he should be.  In 2017, for instance, he scored 37 off his team's 38 TDs---and still didn't win the MVP.

• Like (+1) 3

I mean he's not often  in the conversation nearly as much as he should be.  In 2017, for instance, he scored 37 off his team's 38 TDs---and still didn't win the MVP.

MVP is more than scoring. Wilson is, nor has ever been, overlooked.  He deserves more attention no doubt. But never overlooked

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

MVP is more than scoring. Wilson is, nor has ever been, overlooked.  He deserves more attention no doubt. But never overlooked

He was their entire offense.  What is more valuable than that?  When else has that happened?

He was clearly overlooked for Brady that year.  No serious argument could made otherwise.  He has zero MVPs.

There seems to be a huge slant in this for TD’s (not to mention INT, so Josh is get dinged on that idiocy) which doesn’t really make sense to me... doesn’t the ability to throw the ball deep (as defined at 20+ yards) exist in a vacuum on the field? As in, how is the trait considered more difficult if it’s 20 yards into the endzone vs 20 yards from out of your own endzone... I get that there’s a practical value in “he can seal the deal from deep” but does that distinction quantify whose truly better at being a deep passer? Feels like volume/completion is the true test of this in which case Josh would seemingly be higher- and above Mahomes who has a sub 50% comp percentage with this metric. (Not to imply Allen is actually better than Mahomes, just as an understanding of these stats)

In fact, the more I review this the less sure I am that their rankings make sense or are based on the actual data they present. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was their entire offense.  What is more valuable than that?  When else has that happened?

He was clearly overlooked for Brady that year.  No serious argument could made otherwise.  He has zero MVPs.

He definately deserves one/some. I'm clearly not saying otherwise. What I AM saying is that he's never been overlooked. And cannot be this year either

He's always in the conversation. Deservedly so

Edited by BuffAlone

Reading things like this makes me realize, I just don't care, because how Josh through 3 games is only 8th is idiocy. 

Now the (non)int hurts & dropped him (and an incompletion too).....  

And I guess those over 15 yards (but <20) don't count.  Oh but a 20 yard pass where the receiver runs another 50 probably counts more then the 50 yard one caught in the endzone....

My head hurts.  The eye test is much simpler.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

His passer rating jumps up to 131.1 when you ignore the fake interception. I think he should be at 4th behind Wilson, Goff, and Bridgewater. Rodgers has no business being 2nd.

Explain to me how Mr Rodgers is 2nd with 39%. Is this a power ranking or specifically ranking deep accuracy? 

5 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

He’s never received an MVP vote.....but never overlooked? How does that make sense?

that is the definition of overlooked

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1