Fan allowance at Bills Stadium to be revisited - Cuomo will visit and meet with Bills brass

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-relevant issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 (or political) discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19, and political issues.

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Same thing I said to my bud.....2 high profile games.....Bills outa the chute looking darn good.  Would be way cool to hear the #BILLSMAFIA roaring in the background!!!

Go BILLS!!

with only 5k there, it would only be a bit of a dull roar, unfortunately 

9 hours ago, Fan boy '92 said:

Fans in the stands on Thursday night vs. KC. Do it NY! 

So much can change. 

I just meant it's hard to travel from out of town for a mid week game. But you're right. There could be an outbreak and everything is off the table.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just meant it's hard to travel from out of town for a mid week game. But you're right. There could be an outbreak and everything is off the table.

Not hard when your not working..like me!!!!

BTW, someone mentioned to me VA is no longer on the quarantine list for NYS..maybe eyes got a shot at tickets after all!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

with only 5k there, it would only be a bit of a dull roar, unfortunately 

open to hearing a theory about why 5, 000 as opposed to 15, 000 would make a difference in an open air stadium . masks on  etc . sincere question, no political overtones.. 

31 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

open to hearing a theory about why 5, 000 as opposed to 15, 000 would make a difference in an open air stadium . masks on  etc . sincere question, no political overtones.. 

I think 25% of the stadium is more than realistic. Every other seat and skip every other row. Open air and more than 6 feet apart you don't even need a mask. At least, that's what they used to say.

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

I think 25% of the stadium is more than realistic. Every other seat and skip every other row. Open air and more than 6 feet apart you don't even need a mask. At least, that's what they used to say.

My thoughts exactly .. the stadium seats approx. 68 to 70 thousand.. but i know .. concourses and restrooms ..but still .. can be done IMHO 

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

My thoughts exactly .. the stadium seats approx. 68 to 70 thousand.. but i know .. concourses and restrooms ..but still .. can be done IMHO 

It's limited exposure time. That few people you should be able to contain each section. The main worry is the bathrooms and that's easy enough to have some people cleaning continuously as they get used. It's funny to me, because think of all the people that go in and out of grocery store for instance. Touching everything, the store isn't getting cleaned during peak times etc. To me it seems a lot safer to go to an open air stadium where you can limit contact with people.

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

It's limited exposure time. That few people you should be able to contain each section. The main worry is the bathrooms and that's easy enough to have some people cleaning continuously as they get used. It's funny to me, because think of all the people that go in and out of grocery store for instance. Touching everything, the store isn't getting cleaned during peak times etc. To me it seems a lot safer to go to an open air stadium where you can limit contact with people.

You know how some people say "we should keep doing X thing" even after Covid goes away? THIS RIGHT HERE.

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

You know how some people say "we should keep doing X thing" even after Covid goes away? THIS RIGHT HERE.

Yea we are disgusting as a society. I mean I know cleaning stuff is not a great job, but for the right pay should be able to have things cleaned on a much more consistent basis.

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

Difference is people need to eat.

22 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Difference is people need to eat.

But they're worried a spike from people going to a game. My point is most people already experience quite a bit of exposure in their day to day routine. Not to mention restaurants have opened and are allowing people to sit in a poorly ventilated area with close proximity seating and no masks. With school back in session every time someone has a sniffle they will have to get a COVID test which will force someone who may not have COVID to possibly come in direct contact with someone who does. There are a hell of alot more situations that are more dangerous than a socially distanced, open air stadium.

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

It’s not about the seating.  It’s about ingress and egress, and crowds on concourses, etc.  That’s why you’re hearing talk of timed entry tickets and exits by section. Cuomo wants to tour to see firsthand how they plan to address the “gathering” component around getting in and out.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s not about the seating.  It’s about ingress and egress, and crowds on concourses, etc.  That’s why you’re hearing talk of timed entry tickets and exits by section. Cuomo wants to tour to see firsthand how they plan to address the “gathering” component around getting in and out.

7 gates, timed entry at each gate and I am assuming that there is enough food, drink etc. on the councourses where that could also be divided up into sections. In a stadium that regularly houses 70,000 plus shouldn't be an issue to have a couple thousand in each section of the stadium.

Just now, Luka said:

7 gates, timed entry at each gate and I am assuming that there is enough food, drink etc. on the councourses where that could also be divided up into sections. In a stadium that regularly houses 70,000 plus shouldn't be an issue to have a couple thousand in each section of the stadium.

I agree.  Cuomo just needs to see it firsthand.

1 hour ago, eball said:

What does "ingress" and "egress" mean?