Fan allowance at Bills Stadium to be revisited - Cuomo will visit and meet with Bills brass

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-relevant issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 (or political) discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19, and political issues.

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s when the commish and the nflpa need to get together and rule on it. It’s a league issue imo not a state issue. States can choose what they like, but the league needs to come together and act as one. Some may think it’s silly, I still see it as a competitive advantage which I thought the league did not want to happen. 

Bills are 2-0 in an empty stadium.

Owners (who comprise "the league") want gate receipts so in the states where it is allowed, the will have fans in stands.  No need for any meetings--they have already ruled on this.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Baby steps.  It's 5000 fans higher than zero.

I personally think the Bills should screen the fans they admit based on their lung volume and the decibels they are capable of producing for a 3 hr period

Before of after tailgating? I have to believe once an hour of sauce changes the lung volume

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally think the Bills should screen the fans they admit based on their lung volume and the decibels they are capable of producing for a 3 hr period

Thermometers and peak flow meters at every gate. 

How many fans were there at the Ravens game? It looked sooooo little, like 2,000 (I'm making this up, my perception).

When KC had 17,000 on opening night, they were LOUD. It was impressive how much noise they could generate. I'd rather there be 5,000 than zero, but it's not much.

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So Roger finally did the Bills a solid? Perhaps he @Roger Goodell can clarify? :flirt:

The NFL league office is continuing to work with Governor Cuomo, state officials and the Bills organization on a plan to bring fans back to Bills Stadium as safely and as soon as possible.  The NFL has enjoyed a long and productive relationship with the Governor so I am confident we will collectively determine the most suitable path forward during these unprecedented and challenging times.

Edited by Roger Goodell
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

So..are you saying one state government can dictate NFL policy? One state says 100% capacity, another says 0 % capacity...whos right?

I’m saying the commish and nflpa should get together and say if all teams can’t have fans no teams can have fans. Obviously the NFL has zero leverage over states to allow fans 

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

How many fans were there at the Ravens game? It looked sooooo little, like 2,000 (I'm making this up, my perception).

When KC had 17,000 on opening night, they were LOUD. It was impressive how much noise they could generate. I'd rather there be 5,000 than zero, but it's not much.

It was family only. Approximately 250 people. 

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

6 hours ago, spartacus said:

for 5,000 fans, may not be worth the cost and headaches of complying with Covid protocols

id assume they’d want to prove the concept and try to ramp. If this is the most possible I’d agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Giving this some thought, it’s been said tix will be offered to STH’s based on seniority. That makes the average age my age or older!😳

Hardly representative of The Mafia. I mean, I won’t be politely clapping like a golf spectator.  I’ll yell and scream, sing SHOUT! and bang on the seat back in front of me. But I’ll need a nap by halftime.😴

• Haha (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Jdragon2 said:

I agree with the caution honestly. Look at UB. just had 25 cases show up, who knows how many after that....

It would be terrible if UB gets shut down from the MAC return. Players were really hoping to play again.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like roger made a call to cuomo 

Same thing I said to my bud.....2 high profile games.....Bills outa the chute looking darn good.  Would be way cool to hear the #BILLSMAFIA roaring in the background!!!

Go BILLS!!

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Variation on Darwin - instead of "Only the Strongest Will Survive", we'll have "Only the Loudest Will Arrive"

I would be Legend!  Peeps around me would always ask HOW can you be this loud with 2 mins left??  HOW?  Man I miss those days waking up on Monday wondering if I needed to go to ER for a new pair of lungs!!!  That Monday nite Rams comeback game back in 89?  Frank came in after Jimbo went down and I was on my seat before the rally started and had almost my whole section screaming after a few mins or so....good times!

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Giving this some thought, it’s been said tix will be offered to STH’s based on seniority. That makes the average age my age or older!😳

Hardly representative of The Mafia. I mean, I won’t be politely clapping like a golf spectator.  I’ll yell and scream, sing SHOUT! and bang on the seat back in front of me. But I’ll need a nap by halftime.😴

You would have 12 mins for that power nap.....more than enough time to recharge!!  A Monster drink or two and you would be 25 yet again!!!

Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1