Fan allowance at Bills Stadium to be revisited - Cuomo will visit and meet with Bills brass

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-relevant issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 (or political) discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19, and political issues.

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Wonder what the turnaround time is for the Bills, from when they get notice that fans will be allowed to reacting to the news and having everything in place to welcome fans?  There would need to be time to offer tickets to the top say 10K of their list, then for people to accept or refuse the tickets, time to re-offer the tickets, get staff in place etc..

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not so sure about the "This week" part per the article that I've read:

The governor said he will be meeting with the team but did not specifically say when. 

The assumption it has to be this week because they need a decision by Friday for the KC game and he plans to tour the facility before signing off. I edited the title though.

4 minutes ago, driddles said:

Wonder what the turnaround time is for the Bills, from when they get notice that fans will be allowed to reacting to the news and having everything in place to welcome fans?  There would need to be time to offer tickets to the top say 10K of their list, then for people to accept or refuse the tickets, time to re-offer the tickets, get staff in place etc..

Poloncarz said they need a decision by Friday for the team to be ready for fans. Not sure if that is corroborated by the team 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The assumption it has to be this week because they need a decision by Friday for the KC game and he plans to tour the facility before signing off. I edited the title though.

Poloncarz said they need a decision by Friday for the team to be ready for fans. Not sure if that is corroborated by the team 

OK, I was assuming by now the KC game was out, they were talking for later season games.  Will see.

They really need to find some balance on this. 
I realize each state has separate rules but either everyone has fans or nobody has fans. 
I don’t personally care I’m not attending any games and the fake crowd noise isn’t bothering me. But from a level playing field kinda view it doesn’t seem right some teams can allow fans and others can’t. 20% capacity may not be the noise advantage of a full stadium but I do believe it has an effect on players. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They really need to find some balance on this. 
I realize each state has separate rules but either everyone has fans or nobody has fans. 
I don’t personally care I’m not attending any games and the fake crowd noise isn’t bothering me. But from a level playing field kinda view it doesn’t seem right some teams can allow fans and others can’t. 20% capacity may not be the noise advantage of a full stadium but I do believe it has an effect on players. 

To me, that's the key issue.  There is no national policy on Covid so individual states make the rules.  Those allowing fans in the stadium give their teams an advantage.  I think the Buffalo defense is especially affected by the cheers of the home fans.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

To me, that's the key issue.  There is no national policy on Covid so individual states make the rules.  Those allowing fans in the stadium give their teams an advantage.  I think the Buffalo defense is especially affected by the cheers of the home fans.

That’s when the commish and the nflpa need to get together and rule on it. It’s a league issue imo not a state issue. States can choose what they like, but the league needs to come together and act as one. Some may think it’s silly, I still see it as a competitive advantage which I thought the league did not want to happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 2