Diggs interview today

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, kota said:

just makes you wonder what happened in Minnesota.  Media portrayed him as a Diva.  He has been anything but.  Dude just wants to win. 

My guess is that he didn't like Kirk Cousins much.

Maybe it was a team chemistry issue. Maybe there wasn't a good collective mentality in the locker room. Maybe Diggs was part of that or at least perceived to be part of that.

And who knows how it would be if the Bills were 1-2 or 0-3 instead of 3-0....

I view him as a very similar character to Lesean McCoy in terms of talent, competitiveness, team compatibility.

There was the national narrative, which I recall some here echoing, that the Bills "gave up way too much" for him, especially after Arizona got Hopkins for close to nothing.  Personally, I never thought they gave up too much for a guy who clearly filled a need the team has had since the Eric Moulds/Peerless Price days.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Wonder what the “shoulda kept the pick” cats are doing nowadays 🤔

In all fairness, Lamb and Jeudy are killing it and could have been had for pretty much the same picks.  Both are on rookie deals and locked up for 5 years, so try not to be too pompous.

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

In all fairness, Lamb and Jeudy are killing it and could have been had for pretty much the same picks.  Both are on rookie deals and locked up for 5 years, so try not to be too pompous.

Jeudy has 13 catches and Lamb 16. Diggs has 20 even getting covered by each team's best CB. Jeudy has 173 yds and Lamb 230 through 3 games. Diggs 288 yds with the aforementioned attention. Jeudy and Lamb each have 0 TD's. Diggs has 2 with the aforementioned attention. Jeudy has also been dropping easy catches. The rooks are alright, but give me Diggs any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Well, AZ straight fleeced the Texans and at this pace will be the end of good ole B.O.B.. 

We could have drafted 3 WR's, 3years in a row with the first rd pick and they might not ever be on Diggs level. Still love the trade and the rewards are paying dividends for us. 

My biggest concern/worry with him was his attitude. I figured McD and Beane would right that ship though. Diggs seems like a great team player and genuinely likes it here already,

You would have an attitude problem too if you relied on Cousins for your success ;) 

Between his BA and a noodle arm I think Diggs was about ready to strangle him ;) 

39 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Oh look here’s one! 😀

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Success said:

Some guys are just supposed to be Bills.

Allen for sure. I didn't think Diggs would be one when we got him - but I was wrong. He's a Bill through & through.  

Yes.  This is so true.  Which is why I wouldn't trade Allen right now, even for Mahomes.  He's OURS.  He's PERFECT of us.  Diggs is as well.  The whole organization, team, I get this feeling about.  Have not had it since the '90's. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

My biggest concern/worry with him was his attitude. I figured McD and Beane would right that ship though. Diggs seems like a great team player and genuinely likes it here already,  

The more you read about the 'situation', the more you understand that Diggs was not likely the #######. There's a lot to unpack and I'm sure Diggs wasn't totally innocent, but his attitude there seemed to be the same it was here...he was just surrounded with people who didn't have an interest in improving (Cousins) and some who took issue that he did not share their religious beliefs (Cousins). 

Vikings gave Cousins a stupid extension for some reason so they had to ship one of them out. They chose...poorly.

Allen is routinely touted as being 'coachable' and affable. So when Diggs was over telling Allen what he did well, what he did wrong, etc, etc...Allen is like "Hell yeah" where Cousins takes it as an insult. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Jeudy has 13 catches and Lamb 16. Diggs has 20 even getting covered by each team's best CB. Jeudy has 173 yds and Lamb 230 through 3 games. Diggs 288 yds with the aforementioned attention. Jeudy and Lamb each have 0 TD's. Diggs has 2 with the aforementioned attention. Jeudy has also been dropping easy catches. The rooks are alright, but give me Diggs any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

right, in their first 3 games in the NFL after a half assed training camp with no preseason.  If you are missing that, you might need to wear a sign.   Diggs has been great, not saying he hasn’t, but those two are crushing it, and they aren’t even done with “preseason” in a regular year.

43 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Oh look here’s one! 😀

Yeah a realist!  Oh no!

The general consensus, if I recall correctly, is that  it was a good move for the Bills---but also that they overpaid.  Few objected about the 1st rd pick given, but complained about the NUMBER of pics given. I've always thought that was a bad take.   The deal was, basically a later #1 pick for Diggs---and the Bills threw in some pocket change (a 6th and NEXT year's 4th) and getting a penny (their 7th) back. 

The way 6th and 7th round picks change hands, their best use might be as pocket change for big trades. Beane can get those picks back in a heartbeat, if he needs to.

IMO this trade was money from Day 1

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

right, in their first 3 games in the NFL after a half assed training camp with no preseason.  If you are missing that, you might need to wear a sign.   Diggs has been great, not saying he hasn’t, but those two are crushing it, and they aren’t even done with “preseason” in a regular year.

Yeah a realist!  Oh no!

lol keep digging chum. The last thing you’re being is “real” if this pathetic position is based on woulda couldas on whether the team could have even got to positions to take Lamb and/or Jeudy with the capital spent to get Diggs, piled on top of even more fanciful ideas in your head on their hypothetical future production. 

Realism is the exact opposite of what you’re engaging in here. Stay salty.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I remember a lot of people complaining relative to the price Arizona paid for Hopkins, and also complaining we should never trade a first round pick for a WR.

Which was a ridiculous complaint Arizona robbed Houston you can't expect that to happen.

Interview was great he definitely seems to enjoy playing hear plus what he had to say about Gabriel Davis has me excited about what the rook can do.

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's a group here that may or may not be actual Bills fans that just sh*t all over any move the Bills make. Regardless if it is good or bad. 

Also, there were people complaining because of the price Arizona paid for Hopkins. 

I don’t think many (any?) hated diggs.

i think it’s fair to debate which trade was better value. 

3 hours ago, kota said:

just makes you wonder what happened in Minnesota.  Media portrayed him as a Diva.  He has been anything but.  Dude just wants to win. 

My guess is that he didn't like Kirk Cousins much.

to be fair, being #1 on an undefeated team that just gave you some extra cash comes with some honeymoon period

i wont be shocked if at some point he gets annoyed by something and posts a cryptic tweet possible knocking buffalo or deletes pictures in his bills gear and becomes an instant villain that I end up defending as not that bad. 

he’s a very good player that can cause some drama. He’s a wide receiver after all. 

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Vikings fans probably aren’t too upset with the trade either.  Justin Jefferson looks like an absolute beast.  Win-win!

Yeah Jefferson had a slow start to the year but great game Sunday.   

I've been hoping he would come through for the Vikes, the more we get to know Diggs, the more I see how much of a hole he left in that organization. 

Cousins was putrid two weeks ago.  113 yards, 3 INT's vs Colts.    Yikes.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The more you read about the 'situation', the more you understand that Diggs was not likely the #######. There's a lot to unpack and I'm sure Diggs wasn't totally innocent, but his attitude there seemed to be the same it was here...he was just surrounded with people who didn't have an interest in improving (Cousins) and some who took issue that he did not share their religious beliefs (Cousins). 

Vikings gave Cousins a stupid extension for some reason so they had to ship one of them out. They chose...poorly.

Allen is routinely touted as being 'coachable' and affable. So when Diggs was over telling Allen what he did well, what he did wrong, etc, etc...Allen is like "Hell yeah" where Cousins takes it as an insult. 

I honestly believe it was Cousins and that is it.

Cousins has this "high and mighty' type attitude.

I remember watching this video with him talking to Allen when Allen was coming out for the draft.

And he just came across as a very dislikable person.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1