Two super tough games coming up with the Raiders and Titans

tomur67

15 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

If we have a big run stopping DT on the practice squad or waiting to be signed, now would be the time to do it. Jacobs and Henry could both do some real damage if we just let them go and focus on shutting down the passing game again. 

This represents a big concern of mine.  I keep feeling that Frazier and McD are trying to get a different result by doing the same thing on the D right now.

57 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

The Rams are better than both those teams.

Maybe so, still these are two very important conference games that the Bills need to show that they can go and win.

I'm confident that they can. But, that's why they play the games.

• Like (+1) 1

I know McD is taking some heat for the defense, but he may want to think of it as a great example of he and his defensive staff taking their own medicine.

He preaches growth mindset thru competition and they are getting a healthy dose of that scheme and matchup-wise where McVay exposed weaknesses in our defense. Much like the way NE forced teams to mold their defenses in a way that gave them a chance to stop them. The same way McVay is going to force a rethink of how we use the defensive pieces we have to be effective against what they brought against us because if it worked against us we will see it again.

Not all teams will be able to execute it at the same level, but they will still try - it is a copy-cat league.

Iron sharpens iron and the Bills defense will grow from this experience and they may end up needing some pieces who knows, but competition makes you push yourself to get better that includes the coaching staff.

The rest of the schedule is pretty tough, outside of the Jets, Dolphins, Chargers and Broncos.

The Bills just need to take it one game at a time., and I think they can definitely finish with 10-12 wins by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

I actually feel pretty good about both games. I was much more concerned with the Rams

Feeling good about the Raiders game, Titans are tough but I think this team should win hopefully the Bills can fatten up to 5-0 before hitting their hardest stretch of games. 

3 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Yes, those two games are both going to be crucial in the Bills drive to the playoffs and you don't want to look past either one of them, but I can't get the anticipation of the upcoming epic gunslinging battle between Josh and Mahomes.  If both teams go into that game undefeated and both QB's continue to play at the level they have been playing, the media hype for that game is going to be super skyhigh. Bigger than the Chiefs-Ravens game.  Especially, being the Thursday night game, every football fan in the world is going to be watching.  It's going to be Huuuuuge!

We just went through a tough game. I doubt these will be that bad.

Two days ago, I would have agreed.  They will be tough games.  Now it looks like the Raiders will have multiple players facing some kind of discipline over a failure to follow COVID-19 protocols.  If that discipline involves suspensions, it could cripple a team already set to be without two starting WRs and a starting CB.  Their only two active QBs are among the players who could face suspensions.  Tennessee will be likely missing at least four players due to COVID-19 and it seems certain their game versus Pittsburgh will be delayed to Monday or possibly Tuesday night, giving them a short week to prepare for Buffalo.