Mopeds-Scooters?

plenzmd1

4 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Something about fun as hell but never want your friends to see you riding one...

for emasculate ***** that worry bout what emasculate ***** say about them

1 hour ago, Augie said:

First rule: Be safe!

No such thing as a minor fender bender on a scooter. I had a buddy who would ride one to tennis, followed by a few beers. Scared the crap out of me seeing him leave knowing he had a couple miles between our neighborhoods on a busy road. 

I hope the OTB is walking distance! Is that how you picked the location?  :)

damn< whole reason i moving to city is to drink like a fish! First rule.have fun!!!!!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

for emasculate ***** that worry bout what emasculate ***** say about them

damn< whole reason i moving to city is to drink like a fish! First rule.have fun!!!!!

Have you heard of this new thing called Uber? 

Funny, I Ubered all the time “way back when”. Now we rarely go out where parking or drinking make it advisable. I feel for the people who used that for their extra income. I’m not sure how much they actually came out ahead, but that’s another issue. My two trips the last 6 months were to and from the car dealer for some work. I pray that changes soon. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Have you heard of this new thing called Uber? 

Funny, I Ubered all the time “way back when”. Now we rarely go out where parking or drinking make it advisable. I feel for the people who used that for their extra income. I’m not sure how much they actually came out ahead, but that’s another issue. My two trips the last 6 months were to and from the car dealer for some work. I pray that changes soon. 

Wasn't  the whole idea about Uber, ride-share to: "Hey, you're going my way, right past me, I might as well pick hitch a ride... For a fee of course."

When did it become a "job?"  People wreck everything.   I guess the virus reboot things?

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wasn't  the whole idea about Uber, ride-share to: "Hey, you're going my way, right past me, I might as well pick hitch a ride... For a fee of course."

When did it become a "job?"  People wreck everything.   I guess the virus reboot things?

Uber is certainly considered a “job”, at least “part time”, by most drivers. Trust me, I’ve got hundreds of Uber rides in my rear view mirror. My college roommate drives for Uber in his spare time. College towns with tough parking like Nashville make it a no brainier! 

Yes, it is a job for many. I feel bad for those hurting financially as I very rarely use it these days while we hunker down. 

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Uber is certainly considered a “job”, at least “part time”, by most drivers. Trust me, I’ve got hundreds of Uber rides in my rear view mirror. My college roommate drives for Uber in his spare time. College towns with tough parking like Nashville make it a no brainier! 

Yes, it is a job for many. I feel bad for those hurting financially as I very rarely use it these days while we hunker down. 

Yeah,  understand.   I always thought that wasn't the spirit of the concept.   Just evolved into that.   Oh well, jump on a scooter and zip around.   Can Audrey Hepburn join me! 😉 

26ef2e3d5530417b2eaa407c77ba9b54.jpg

Harley made scooters in 1960s.  My friend had a Harley Topper back in the 1980s.  Everything was in a box. 😆 🤣  I should ask him if he ever had time to restore it, 1965 blue Topper:

cbae90974d030eb2f76daefd25da3420.jpg

I think that's the one in the movie: American Graffiti?

EDIT: I stand corrected. "Toad" in the movie had a Vespa!

That's a gem!  Probably brings a pretty penny for being a Harley Davidson...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1