2nd highest Number of Bills fans?

Wyoming. 

Not our neighbor Vermont, not NC and Florida where a lot of New Yorkers retire - Wyoming.

Now I know Josh Allen is big there, but to outdo these other states, it must be a pretty high proportion of the people in the state.  Because I think Wyoming only has a bit more than half a million residents. 

That's about half the residents of the Buffalo/Niagara Falls metropolitan area.

Go Pokes!

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/wyoming-has-second-greatest-bills-following-based-on-twitter-data/

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I mean there is no other big school team in the state just UW everyone is a Pokes fan. Allen is probably the most fun sports story to come out of here in a long time. Plus a lot of people end up being Broncos fans with them being the only Major sports team even remotely close by. At the same time as UW fans we hate CSU. Buffalo and Josh Allen just fit a nice niche I think.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HopsGuy said:

I lived in Charlotte NC for about 5 years. There are a half dozen Bills bars there. But the amazing thing was when St. Bonaventure played Charlotte (when they were in the A-10). That was crazy.

I'm over in Greensboro and you see Buffalo scattered around pretty good. We got this Buffalo family owned pizza place 'Homeslice' which has pretty good beef on weck and probably the best wings in town. The joint practice with the panthers was a Buffalo invasion. And in hockey related news when ever the Sabres come down the crowd is usually 50/50.

• Like (+1) 1

Ima gonna take this with a grain of salt.  Reason being is not too many octogenarians have twitter.....basing it on tweets is a bit sketchy.

That said I am surprised FL isn't higher.....I wear my Bills face mask with pride and i am constantly running into Bills fans here in Sarasota/Bradenton!

36 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I'm over in Greensboro and you see Buffalo scattered around pretty good. We got this Buffalo family owned pizza place 'Homeslice' which has pretty good beef on weck and probably the best wings in town. The joint practice with the panthers was a Buffalo invasion. And in hockey related news when ever the Sabres come down the crowd is usually 50/50.

Went to one Sabres game in Raleigh. It was a weird Sunday afternoon during March Madness so the locals were probably at home rooting against Duke. Our guys ran them with about 70% BUF fans. There was a party bus from the CLT Bills bar (Tavern On the Tracks) that we met up with. Jeeze, I was old then.

• Like (+1) 1

I am in SC, Myrtle Beach, and there is a large Bills group here.  I have 3 other Bills fans in my neighborhood.

On a side: I have some family in Raleigh and they claim there are more Bills fans there than Panther fans.  I am sure a bit of a reach, but everyone I encounter from Raleigh mentions the high number of Bills fans. 

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there is no other big school team in the state just UW everyone is a Pokes fan. Allen is probably the most fun sports story to come out of here in a long time. Plus a lot of people end being Broncos fans with them being the only Major sports team even remotely close by. At the same time as UW fans we hate CSU. Buffalo and Josh Allen just fit a nice niche I think.

Well, prior to the Broncos game last year Josh Allen made it very clear to the Denver press he is "carrying a bone" for that Border Wars/CSU rivalry aka "Sheep Week"

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/20/josh-allen-wyoming-csu-football/

Someone on social media described this as "Josh Allen goes Full On Drive-By".  (Fortunately, the Pokes won!)

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Ima gonna take this with a grain of salt.  Reason being is not too many octogenarians have twitter.....basing it on tweets is a bit sketchy.

That said I am surprised FL isn't higher.....I wear my Bills face mask with pride and i am constantly running into Bills fans here in Sarasota/Bradenton!

This is a fair point.  Perhaps if another metric were used,  Florida would be #2.