Proud Boys

Dub

So,  I don't agree with vigilante solutions.  I'm not saying that is completely what the Proud Boy are but I am also not completely aware of the criticisms against them. 

It seems to me that they are one of the only legitimate (non strawman) arguments the left can use in relation to Antifa. KKK and other white supremacist groups are what or who ? I'm not aware of any Trump supporters or Republicans for that matter that support the Klan or any such groups or share their disgusting ridiculous beliefs.

Do the Proud Boys support white supremacy? I'm asking because when I've looked into them for the most part all I can tell is they're a group of guys that are tired of what they're seeing going on in the streets of poorly run liberal cities. They seem to be a response if anything to Antifa.

I dont think this is what anyone wants, probably the Proud Boys included. From what I can tell from them, it seems that they're not afraid and believe someone has to stand up to this nonsense. 

Again I'm not condoning Vigilantism and I'm not as informed on the Proud Boys as I would like to be. So as it relates to them specifically what is the supposed problems with them ?

Any fair minded person can see what is wrong with Antifa ! 

Thanks RH, I have seen this before and I've listened to interviews with Gavin Mcinnes. I guess I was wondering if I was missing something. More than anything else what does Trump need to disavow that they believe in ? 

Maybe it just the fact that they're pushing back, that isn't allowed.

• Like (+1) 1

Ugh, I just HAD to click that link, as I didn't know what Proud Boys was (I wanted to read their own definition).  Now I'm on a list somewhere!  Thanks, Rob's House :P

I don't disagree with MOST of the stuff they have on there, but enough is anti-PC enough that my wife would raise an eyebrow about it, which gives me pause.  I don't even want to re-open the site to quote stuff, but I'm thinking the thing that bugged me most was the 'pro-western/we created it' stuff.  We all moved over here from somewhere, and while I think our mode of government is better than anywhere else on the planet (it's what gives us our rights and freedoms - that, alone, is what makes us 'special'), the language they use can make it seem that it's 'white-related', where I don't think it is.  Like I said, it's the form of government that makes us 'special'.

I'm mixed-race, but don't feel any differently about our country.  I think we're great because of the representative form of government we have.  We can't be beholden to our forbearers to how we got here;  not fairly, anyway.  We can only be held to what we do with it.

Edited by TtownBillsFan
their to there, I know the difference :P
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, ALF said:

The US president was challenged about his white supremacist supporters during his debate with Joe Biden.

But when asked to denounce the far-right group Proud Boys by name, he said: "Stand back and stand by."

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-us-2020-54351472

Full context. Trump absolutely dropped the ball on what should have been a softball question, but what he actually said still matters.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, ALF said:

The US president was challenged about his white supremacist supporters during his debate with Joe Biden.

But when asked to denounce the far-right group Proud Boys by name, he said: "Stand back and stand by."

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-us-2020-54351472

He’s trying to scare voters away. There will probably be violence around the country now. If this clowns show up at voting stations they should be arrested, but doubt they will be 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Full context. Trump absolutely dropped the ball on what should have been a softball question, but what he actually said still matters.

He didn't denounce anything.  Read more carefully.  He acknowledged that he was "willing" to condemn (entries 1-2), and that he was "prepared" to condemn (entries 3-4), but he didn't actually condemn.  

So you support this scumbag, you support what he stands for.  Which is refusing to condemn white supremacy.  

Here's a link about your scumbag Proud Boy pals:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/proud-boys

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dub said:

I'm not aware of any Trump supporters or Republicans for that matter that support the Klan or any such groups or share their disgusting ridiculous beliefs.

Hopefully you don't know b.c they like to keep their support on the down low... You know, elections.

5 hours ago, Dub said:

Thanks RH, I have seen this before and I've listened to interviews with Gavin Mcinnes. I guess I was wondering if I was missing something. More than anything else what does Trump need to disavow that they believe in ? 

Maybe it just the fact that they're pushing back, that isn't allowed.

There's nothing to disavow. It's just due to a media smear job based primarily on SPLC propaganda and a false (and eventually retracted) claim that the FBI had labeled Proud Boys a terrorist group. The average Joe doesn't know better and just knows that the TV said they're white supremacists.

54 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He didn't denounce anything.  Read more carefully.  He acknowledged that he was "willing" to condemn (entries 1-2), and that he was "prepared" to condemn (entries 3-4), but he didn't actually condemn.  

So you support this scumbag, you support what he stands for.  Which is refusing to condemn white supremacy.  

Here's a link about your scumbag Proud Boy pals:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/proud-boys

When you're citing the SPLC you've already lost the argument.

Of course, the truth has never mattered to you, so I'm not surprised.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Anti-Semitism:

Although McInnes has decried racism and anti-Semitism, his past statements tell a different story. He has posted videos of himself giving the Nazi salute and repeatedly saying “Heil Hitler.” He was accused of anti-Semitism in March 2017 when he posted a video on Rebel Media called “Ten Things I Hate about Jews,” which was later retitled “Ten Things I Hate About Israel.”

McInnes has made a number of contradictory statements about Zionism. Prior to his spring 2017 trip to Israel, McInnes appeared in a Rebel Media video in which he asked people to crowdfund his trip to Israel so he could see what the country was like for himself; however, in that same video, he referenced both “The Culture of Critique,” by white supremacist Kevin MacDonald, and David Duke’s book “Jewish Supremacism.” It was during this trip that McInnes appears to have had somewhat of an anti-Semitic awakening. On his show on March 8, 2017, McInnes muses that Jews were somehow responsible for World War II because “the Treaty of Versailles, wasn’t that disproportionately influenced by Jewish intellectuals?” He also defended Holocaust deniers and neo-Nazis, saying, “Like at one point, the tour guide goes, ‘You know, and there are people who think that this didn’t happen.’ And I felt myself defending the super-far-right Nazis, just because I was sick of so much brainwashing. And I felt like going, ‘Well, they never said it didn’t happen. What they’re saying is that it was much less than six million and that they starved to death and they weren’t gassed.” Then he finishes his train of thought with some thoughts about Jews’ “obsession” with the Holocaust. “God, they’re so obsessed with the Holocaust. I don’t know if it’s healthy to dwell.”

At another point McInnes said: “Jews: If you don’t want to get people mad, don’t be annoying.”

Seeing Trump supporters taking sides with Proud Boys is just par for the course.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Anti-Semitism:

Although McInnes has decried racism and anti-Semitism, his past statements tell a different story. He has posted videos of himself giving the Nazi salute and repeatedly saying “Heil Hitler.” He was accused of anti-Semitism in March 2017 when he posted a video on Rebel Media called “Ten Things I Hate about Jews,” which was later retitled “Ten Things I Hate About Israel.”

McInnes has made a number of contradictory statements about Zionism. Prior to his spring 2017 trip to Israel, McInnes appeared in a Rebel Media video in which he asked people to crowdfund his trip to Israel so he could see what the country was like for himself; however, in that same video, he referenced both “The Culture of Critique,” by white supremacist Kevin MacDonald, and David Duke’s book “Jewish Supremacism.” It was during this trip that McInnes appears to have had somewhat of an anti-Semitic awakening. On his show on March 8, 2017, McInnes muses that Jews were somehow responsible for World War II because “the Treaty of Versailles, wasn’t that disproportionately influenced by Jewish intellectuals?” He also defended Holocaust deniers and neo-Nazis, saying, “Like at one point, the tour guide goes, ‘You know, and there are people who think that this didn’t happen.’ And I felt myself defending the super-far-right Nazis, just because I was sick of so much brainwashing. And I felt like going, ‘Well, they never said it didn’t happen. What they’re saying is that it was much less than six million and that they starved to death and they weren’t gassed.” Then he finishes his train of thought with some thoughts about Jews’ “obsession” with the Holocaust. “God, they’re so obsessed with the Holocaust. I don’t know if it’s healthy to dwell.”

At another point McInnes said: “Jews: If you don’t want to get people mad, don’t be annoying.”

Seeing Trump supporters taking sides with Proud Boys is just par for the course.

Filthy scum bags 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Anti-Semitism:

This is a perfect example of the dishonesty surrounding this topic. 

Here they've taken satire and parody, that no one with a functioning cerebral cortex would ever interpret as racist or anti-semitic, and knowingly portrayed it as something it's not.

You have to assume if they're lying about this they're lying about everything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1