Rams Game Cover 1

Warcodered

Good stuff. I wish Turner didn't have the voice of a 13-year old. 

Allen is an anomaly, and it's interesting to consider why. Plenty of other big, physically talented QBs have come into the league, and plenty of others have been as intelligent, coachable, eager to learn, selfless and competitive as Allen. But we've never seen these traits combined in one player. It's unprecedented. That package gives him the potential to be the best of all time.

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, finn said:

Allen is an anomaly, and it's interesting to consider why. Plenty of other big, physically talented QBs have come into the league, and plenty of others have been as intelligent, coachable, eager to learn, selfless and competitive as Allen. But we've never seen these traits combined in one player. It's unprecedented. That package gives him the potential to be the best of all time.

Agreed.  I see a lot of John Elway in Josh.  Took Elway a while to hone his craft too.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Agreed.  I see a lot of John Elway in Josh.  Took Elway a while to hone his craft too.   

Yes, me too. Same size, mobility and big arm. Plus, if his team was down late in the fourth quarter, you knew almost with certainty that Elway would bring them back. Allen is displaying that same trait. Not sure Elway was as accurate as Allen has been these past three games, though. That's Allen's upside: A more accurate Elway. Wow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of Elway I'm as relieved as I am confused why they had no intentions of drafting Josh (or any QB that draft) just because they had brought in Case Keenum..? Josh obviously fit his prototype for size, arm strength, etc. as well as being a local kid. Then again, Elway has swung and missed on nearly all of his QB evaluations aside from Peyton falling right into his lap. 

33 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Said it before, say it again:

Josh Allen has the legs of Elway, the arm of Marino, and the heart & soul of Kelly.

• Like (+1) 4

Most of Elway's career he was very inconsistent until the game was on the line. 

Allen is just a unique dude with an unlimited ceiling.  When you hear guys like Dilfer gush over his football acumen and compete level, you can understand why Beane really wanted him.

The thing I love most about JA is his pocket awareness.  We've seen so many guys who just didn't have any.  Josh seems to feel the rush as well as anyone and adjust to it really well.  That bodes well for his future because he obviously won't have this level of mobility forever.

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Most of Elway's career he was very inconsistent until the game was on the line. 

Allen is just a unique dude with an unlimited ceiling.  When you hear guys like Dilfer gush over his football acumen and compete level, you can understand why Beane really wanted him.

The thing I love most about JA is his pocket awareness.  We've seen so many guys who just didn't have any.  Josh seems to feel the rush as well as anyone and adjust himself really well.  That bodes well for his future because he obviously won't have this level of mobility forever.

Elway was good, BUT he needed Terrell Davis to become a  champ.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Elway was good, BUT he needed Terrell Davis to become a  champ.  

The early teams in Elway's career weren't super talented.  His weapons were "ok" and their defense was slightly above average but just couldn't matchup against really good passing teams.

The Bronco teams that won the Super Bowls were really talented.  They had very good receiving corps (Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Sharpe) and a vastly underrated defense.  Even with all that going for him, he didn't complete even 60% of his passes.  He just wasn't ever a super accurate QB unless the game was on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Speaking of Elway I'm as relieved as I am confused why they had no intentions of drafting Josh (or any QB that draft) just because they had brought in Case Keenum..? Josh obviously fit his prototype for size, arm strength, etc. as well as being a local kid. Then again, Elway has swung and missed on nearly all of his QB evaluations aside from Peyton falling right into his lap. 

Paxton Lynch was still in the mix I think.  Then Chad Kelly won the #2 job.

8 hours ago, finn said:

He tries so hard to lead Nate along and Nate just seems to miss the point.

They play ok together - just neither has the commanding presence needed.

They know what they are talking about - just together they don’t flow the best.