Vegas Players Violate Virus Protocol

par73
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on Football and issues related to Football.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Would it be a competitive game without?
Derek Carr

Jason Witten
Darren Waller

Zay Jones
Nevin Lawson
Foster Moreau
Hunter Renfrow
Derek Carrier
Mike Panasuik
Nathan Peterman

Edited by scribo

7 minutes ago, eball said:

This is b.s.  The league has to step in, right?  These guys could totally have been infected.

If they are infected wouldn’t they test positive and in which case have to quarantine?  That wa YL eliminating them from playing this week or next?

im not trying to stoke a fire but at some point people will be doing these types of things. They didn’t sign up to play in a bubble like the NBA. So there will be repercussions from this format. I just don’t agree they need to be punished based on what they do outside the facilities. Like if Vegas is allowing such events then have they broken the law?  

that being said I think they did lol. 

im just trying to get everyone to think out all scenarios. 

10 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

If they are infected wouldn’t they test positive and in which case have to quarantine?  That wa YL eliminating them from playing this week or next?

im not trying to stoke a fire but at some point people will be doing these types of things. They didn’t sign up to play in a bubble like the NBA. So there will be repercussions from this format. I just don’t agree they need to be punished based on what they do outside the facilities. Like if Vegas is allowing such events then have they broken the law?  

The point in this instance is that the event itself was NOT following the local government rules - it had 2x the number of allowed people

and

the NFL/NFLPA bargained agreement requires players to adhere to local government guidelines.

So it's not a question of "Las Vegas allowing such events" (the event violated the ban on events of >50 people)

And it's not randomly intruding into their personal lives outside the facilities - it's requiring them to keep to the agreement they made

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Actually the whole event Darren Waller threw was unlawfully and he got fined for it. Did they know the event was unlawful? No they were most likely acting in ignorance but when it comes to the law that's no excuse. They know a pandemic is going on it was very irresponsible to not make sure all the covid laws were being followed ESPECIALLY being who they are.

To your other point, they should be penalized by the league. Suspended? No that would be an overreaction imo but stiff fines are warranted.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point in this instance is that the event itself was NOT following the local government rules - it had 2x the number of allowed people

and

the NFL/NFLPA bargained agreement requires players to adhere to local government guidelines.

So it's not a question of "Las Vegas allowing such events" (the event violated the ban on events of >50 people)

And it's not randomly intruding into their personal lives outside the facilities - it's requiring them to keep to the agreement they made

Beat me by 1 minute Hap