Vegas Players Violate Virus Protocol

par73
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on Football and issues related to Football.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

The players in attendance should be forced to sit out this week. They shouldn't be eligible for return until they pass COVID tests over a 10 day period. They would be eligible to return for week 5.

I don't see any other way to do it... I am serious. I understand it was a charitable event... but when the rules say you're banned from attending any event that "violates local and state restrictions" and then there are fines levied on the event, "The city of Henderson fined the country club $2,000 on Tuesday for four violations of the Nevada governor's COVID-19 emergency directives, including people not wearing masks and having more than 50 people at the event. The club has 30 days to pay or dispute the fine." 

There needs to be serious punishment and protocol put in place to make sure these players don't potentially put their teammates... and the Bills players at risk of losing their season.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The players in attendance should be forced to sit out this week. They shouldn't be eligible for return until they pass COVID tests over a 10 day period. They would be eligible to return for week 5.

I don't see any other way to do it... I am serious. I understand it was a charitable event... but when the rules say you're banned from attending any event that "violates local and state restrictions" and then there are fines levied on the event, "The city of Henderson fined the country club $2,000 on Tuesday for four violations of the Nevada governor's COVID-19 emergency directives, including people not wearing masks and having more than 50 people at the event. The club has 30 days to pay or dispute the fine." 

There needs to be serious punishment and protocol put in place to make sure these players don't potentially put their teammates... and the Bills players at risk of losing their season.

I agree. Should be a straight up 2-week suspension and quarantine. That is just ridiculous. These guys are under strict NFL and NFLPA rules. 

• Like (+1) 7

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It does seem as though there need to be some teeth in the rules to make players and coaches take them seriously.

I'd say more but we're (on the Mod side) still trying to sort out where the line is between football-relevant news about rule breaking players, and opening the door to general covid-19 discussion. 

But the key point is: players and teams who are doing everything right, can have their team's success and their own health put at risk by players and teams who are not taking it seriously, and that ain't right.  Yeah, they're all tested on Saturday before the game Sunday (or tested the day before they play) but no clinical test is 100%.

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean there should be some sort of quarantine they can still attend meeting via zoom but I don't really see another legitimate solution. I don't really like the idea of handicapping our opponent like this but this was stupid and if these rules mean anything there has to be repercussions.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there should be some sort of quarantine they can still attend meeting via zoom but I don't really see another legitimate solution. I don't really like the idea of handicapping our opponent like this but this was stupid and if these rules mean anything there has to be repercussions.

Yeah, I don't see any need to completely ban them from team activities if it is done virtually, but right now they shouldn't be allowed near anything in person.

I don't like handicapping them either... but we didn't do it to them, the team did it to themselves.

I only watched one episode of Hard Knocks this year, but Anthony Lynn had a pretty good quote on there, where he basically said "whoever takes this the most seriously and handles the protocols the best, will have the most success this year."

I believe the Bills organization has set things up properly to do so, but ultimately the onus is on the players to behave with integrity.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It does seem as though there need to be some teeth in the rules to make players and coaches take them seriously.

I'd say more but we're (on the Mod side) still trying to sort out where the line is between football-relevant news about rule breaking players, and opening the door to general covid-19 discussion. 

But the key point is: players and teams who are doing everything right, can have their team's success and their own health put at risk by players and teams who are not taking it seriously, and that ain't right.  Yeah, they're all tested on Saturday before the game Sunday (or tested the day before they play) but no clinical test is 100%.

I said it in this week's thread but it doesn't matter how you fall on this Covid and mask thing this is NFL rules right now. Anyone that tests positive is missing some decent time so teams/players can't just put other teams at risk it's not like we can avoid them.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

to me, this isn’t a covid or non-covid thing. This is a collective bargaining thing. The players and league came up with a detailed health and safety scheme, including opt outs, testing, masks, and strict rules as to what players Can and can’t do. 

the players can’t simply flaunt this and get away with a slap on the wrist. Some of these players on opposite teams decided against opting out, under the assumption that everyone would follow these rules.

I am sorry, but these guys need to be suspended and quarantined for 2 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 16

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

to me, this isn’t a covid or non-covid thing. This is a collective bargaining thing. The players and league came up with a detailed health and safety scheme, including opt outs, testing, masks, and strict rules as to what players Can and can’t do. 

the players can’t simply flaunt this and get away with a slap on the wrist. Some of these players on opposite teams decided against opting out, under the assumption that everyone would follow these rules.

I am sorry, but these guys need to be suspended and quarantined for 2 weeks. 

Bingo. This needs to be pinned somewhere.

I don't think there is ANY disputing the statement above.

• Like (+1) 4

There is no way those players should be allowed anywhere near the Bills, who are following  protocol to protect the game. No Way. I would insist on it if I were the Bills.

Also, the teams that break protocol should get no special considerations regarding making up games that can't be played. If you break protocol and the team can't play you forfeit. If they don't keep teams accountable the whole season could be lost.

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Derek Carr

Nathan Peterman

Zay Jones

Jason Witten

Foster Moreau

Derek Carrier

Darren Waller

Nevin Lawson

All of those guys on top of 

image.png.c171c7cc079dd8e856e71d2647e5155f.png

Could the raiders even field a team?

They broke the rules everyone agreed to, the Bills should not be anywhere near those players. The Bills must insist those guys don't play, their ignorance could put the entire season at risk. Fukin idiots. If the team says they can't play they should forfeit, if you willfully break the rules agreed upon you deserve no special treatment.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2