OJ on the Wall of Fame

Remove OJ from the Wall of Fame  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Remove OJ from the Wall of Fame

• Yes
    • No

I say leave him up there.  He's not on the wall for what he did off the field.  If players were put on team walls of fame and the hall of fame based on what they did outside of football as well, I think it's fair to say a lot more players besides OJ would be taken down. 

• Like (+1) 4

Guys are on a wall or ring of honor because of what they did on the field, not off.  We have lots of examples of guys wearing yellow jackets, unfortunately some in prison for what they did off the field.  I said this a long time ago, but OJ had more on field yard per game than anyone in NFL history.  He did that 2003 yards in a 14 game season, and I had help from a couple of others Showing no one has ever done that in 14 games.  Not Dickerson, Peterson or the other 4 who eclipsed 2000 yards.

Its not right to take his Jacket or his Wall away from him.  Anyone wants to disparage him for his horrible behavior off the field, you get no argument from me, but we’ve had domestic abusers, rapists, and on and on who have a gold jacket.  Those behaviors are despicable, but it doesn’t change what they did on the field.  He was a man amongst boys, and on another team would have been a SB hero.

Its just one man’s opinion, but for what he did in red, white and royal blue, nothing should be taken from him.  What he did off the field should be vilified.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys are on a wall or ring of honor because of what they did on the field, not off.  We have lots of examples of guys wearing yellow jackets, unfortunately some in prison for what they did off the field.  I said this a long time ago, but OJ had more on field yard per game than anyone in NFL history.  He did that 2003 yards in a 14 game season, and I had help from a couple of others Showing no one has ever done that in 14 games.  Not Dickerson, Peterson or the other 4 who eclipsed 2000 yards.

Its not right to take his Jacket or his Wall away from him.  Anyone wants to disparage him for his horrible behavior off the field, you get no argument from me, but we’ve had domestic abusers, rapists, and on and on who have a gold jacket.  Those behaviors are despicable, but it doesn’t change what they did on the field.  He was a man amongst boys, and on another team would have been a SB hero.

Its just one man’s opinion, but for what he did in red, white and royal blue, nothing should be taken from him.  What he did off the field should be vilified.

He is # 2 in all time Bills talent second only to Bruce Smith.  But the Wall of Fame is not a record book.  It is about recognition.  He earned a right to be on the wall and his actions after playing merit removal.  No need to glorify the person while still respecting the athletic accomplishments.  That is how I see it.

• Like (+1) 2

I voted yes as OJ is not worthy of the Wall of Fame. If there was a Wall of Shame put him there. No there is no doubt his name stays in the record books, but a wall dedicated to players who lived honorable lives on and off the field matters most. Your legacy doesn’t end the moment you retire or are traded away. I would apply the same standard to Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas. It doesn’t matter who. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

I say leave him up there.  He's not on the wall for what he did off the field.  If players were put on team walls of fame and the hall of fame based on what they did outside of football as well, I think it's fair to say a lot more players besides OJ would be taken down. 

Yea but he would be pretty early in the process