Jerry Hughes pass rush win rate highest in NFL

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They made a Jerry sandwich! I assume that’s him....they have his number pretty well covered up wrapping two sets of arms around him!  Hard to “get home” when you are bear hugged front and back.

Edited by Augie

24 minutes ago, gordong said:

And tre is meh, Micah is a bum, And Knox, Should be cut and Allen gets a b for the rams game.  some people just have no freaking idea wth they are talking about....   god forbid when we actually loose a game. 

Three weeks into the season no less. There seem to be a lot of posts that are demanding instant gratification.

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Three weeks into the season no less. There seem to be a lot of posts that are demanding instant gratification.

People need to complain about something and it’s hard when they are undefeated. Now I agree the defense has not been up to its usual standard. But that’s been the case across the league. Perhaps the lack of tackling in the offseason and Lack of preseason film plus limited TC has impacted the defenses more than the offense. I’ll give it until mid season and see where we are. Until then I’m glad we finally don’t need to live and die on the performance of the defense and can let them get their bearings. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, gordong said:

And tre is meh, Micah is a bum, And Knox, Should be cut and Allen gets a b for the rams game.  some people just have no freaking idea wth they are talking about....   god forbid when we actually loose a game. 

And then everyone makes up new thread titles to say are d is middle of the road

I'll have to check the standings

Yup we are still 3 and 0

When we win we 😢 when we lose we throw a tantrum.

O you forgot that Moss stinks

Hello everyone enjoy the ride and smile

Edited by scuba guy

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

People need to complain about something and it’s hard when they are undefeated. Now I agree the defense has not been up to its usual standard. But that’s been the case across the league. Perhaps the lack of tackling in the offseason and Lack of preseason film plus limited TC has impacted the defenses more than the offense. I’ll give it until mid season and see where we are. Until then I’m glad we finally don’t need to live and die on the performance of the defense and can let them get their bearings. 

Not much to add except, as usual, I agree with your well thought out post.

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

They made a Jerry sandwich! I assume that’s him....they have his number pretty well covered up wrapping two sets of arms around him!  Hard to “get home” when you are bear hugged front and back.

Not even sure who it is, but this is a picture of why pressure doesn’t always mean sacks 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I read on these very forums that he was invisible this week

Just think about how many quality guys our fans want cut or traded over a hot take or two, its good thing they are not making the actual decisions 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It often takes two to get a sack.  One to flush the QB, the other to make the tackle.

Jerry is moving the QB off his spot often enough.  But the QB just moves to a new spot and throws a completion.  

this is the reason. I was told here before and after the 2019 draft that Ed Oliver would increase Jerry’s sack numbers. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Holding is being called at a historically low level this year

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Holding is being called at a historically low level this year

Interesting. I wonder if this is a deliberate “protect the QB and score points” policy, a random occurrence or something else? 

I'm guessing they add the non-called holds to the "win" rate.  The refs were clearly reprimanded after calling the hold against Jerry against the Jests, because he hadn't gotten a holding call since he got the PF for head-slapping his own guy, and the NFL made sure that holding call in game 1 wouldn't happen again.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No not really. You don't understand the premise of how the Bills play defense most times...Bills leave receivers open underneath and then rally to make the tackle well short of the first down most times.  Hughes and other rushers make sure the QB has to dump the ball off short of the first down.  Hasn't worked as well as it has the first 2 years but it has been highly effective for us playing this way.

This.  We encourage QBs to get rid of the ball fast as a result less sacks.