Bellichick give Bills some help in scheming against Raiders

Big Turk

Carr apparently loves checking the ball down so Bellichick was doubling the checkdown receivers on 3rd downs a number of times during the game...

Also was intent on taking Waller out of the game by using multiple players on him...

Will be interested to see if McD and Frazier utilize any of this against them since it turned out to be pretty effective...Waller did virtually nothing in the game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bill-belichick-exposed-derek-carr-152509027.html

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Carr apparently loves checking the ball down so Bellichick was doubling the checkdown receivers on 3rd downs a number of times during the game...

Also was intent on taking Waller out of the game by using multiple players on him...

Will be interested to see if McD and Frazier utilize any of this against them since it turned out to be pretty effective...Waller did virtually nothing in the game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bill-belichick-exposed-derek-carr-152509027.html

Waller was also banged up.  Not sure what his injury status is for Sunday...

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Problem is, the Raiders know that now. If they don't adjust they are idiots.

Carr hasn't adjusted in his entire career...he averages 6.9 YPC over his career. It is just who he is...a guy who loves throwing checkdowns or to the closest receiver to him.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 4

Lots of Nickel D again by Bills.  And Big Nickel with Marlowe/Neal to help shut down running game and Jacobs.  If OAK trots out Zay, Agholor and Renfro they are basically starting 3 slot WRS in their 11 package.  No wonder Waller is the top target.

We thought the same thing leading up to the Miami game. That the Pats made the blueprint & that we'd run the ball to success vs them. But the opposite happened,.

Im sure we'll look at the film & come up with ways to best use our personnel. But just pointing out that we've seen this thread & claim before & it didnt exactly work out that way.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Lots of Nickel D again by Bills.  And Big Nickel with Marlowe/Neal to help shut down running game and Jacobs.  If OAK trots out Zay, Agholor and Renfro they are basically starting 3 slot WRS in their 11 package.  No wonder Waller is the top target.

gee never thought of that.  they really are all slot guys.

Biggest concern is Waller and Jacobs may be the best in the league at their position.  It's a tall order for Milano and Edmunds.

Its kinda sad I remember when the schedule came out, we were all saying how the Bills playing in Las Vegas is gonna be half Bills fans and we were so looking forward to the trip.  Now at least we're playing as a favorite looking to go 4-0, that will help ease the pain. 

31 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Biggest concern is Waller and Jacobs may be the best in the league at their position.  It's a tall order for Milano and Edmunds.

Its kinda sad I remember when the schedule came out, we were all saying how the Bills playing in Las Vegas is gonna be half Bills fans and we were so looking forward to the trip.  Now at least we're playing as a favorite looking to go 4-0, that will help ease the pain. 

This ***** year. The Bills happened to be in my neck of the woods TWICE, Vegas and Phoenix, and I was going to both.

Not anymore....

4 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

In the same vein The Rams showed Chuckie a thing or two about our team. Trust the Process . .. . . . 

Do the Raiders have a very good OLine like the Rams to be able to do the same thing? I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Waller better than Kelce, Kittle and Ertz? I don't think so. The dude averages like 9 yards a catch.

• Like (+1) 1