Oooh, this looks SO cool - let's take a picture!

\GoBillsInDallas/

One of my tour guides was at the Falls when the young international student was killed when she climbed up on the railing and opened her umbrella. A gust of wind caught the umbrella sending her backward over the Falls. The guide retired after the event. He said he just couldn't get the image out of his mind.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/08/15/student_swept_over_niagara_falls.html

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

One of my tour guides was at the Falls when the young international student was killed when she climbed up on the railing and opened her umbrella. A gust of wind caught the umbrella sending her backward over the Falls. The guide retired after the vent. He said he just couldn't get the image out of his mind.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/08/15/student_swept_over_niagara_falls.html

When visiting NF with my kids when they were little, they always wanted to climb up that railing. Me and their mom NEVER allowed it.

• Like (+1) 1

When I see people putting kids on the railing at the falls, I always look away. Takes me about 20 seconds to sidle up to the railings there. 

My brother knew several guys that were vvolunteerfiremen ib Lewiston.  Bodies that went over yje falls usually stayed submerged and got beaten uo at the gate of the Horseshoe Falls.  They would then stay under through the whirlpool and then pop up near the power plants. They said that a lot of the times the arms or legs would come off (if they were still attached)when they were pulling them into the boat.

10 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

When visiting NF with my kids when they were little, they always wanted to climb up that railing. Me and their mom NEVER allowed it.

Somewhat ruined a UW cowboy football game for me. I think we were over one of the entrances or near the edge of the upper level that we were on and I was there with the rest of my family so I was internally panicking with the nieces and nephews, who were real little, running around.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:00 PM, Warcodered said:

😬 as someone with a ridiculous fear of height(a few feet of the ground +my height is too damn high) that picture makes things tighten up. 

My hands immediately began to sweat.