Albany Bills Fans, we need some help

blitzboy54

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Maybe if the Chiefs are blowing them out by 50 pats they will switch to the Bills 

😆

Hopefully it’s 60 points, and it happens in the second quarter! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, blitzboy54 said:

So I just looked up the local CBS broadcast schedule for this week and guess what? This is basically a NE double header. There is no conflict with the Jets or Giants and traditionally they play the Bills. This is ridiculous and if anyone is up to it I would appreciate a station email to perhaps try and change their minds.  The email addresses I sent mine to were the following.  

Thank You

'sports@wrgb.com'; 'feedback@wrgb.com'

image.thumb.png.6cd9150bbd59fa00cba118887397e564.png

Sent one off, doubt they change it though. 

3 hours ago, Tjm3 said:

With regards to jets and giants fans in Albany, I’m not sure how people in the state capital can root for teams that play for a city that has no care about anything upstate

East Rutherford, N.J.?  

Seriously, the Giants trained here for years & the stadium is the closest to Albany in the entire NFL.  It makes perfect sense that people here would be fans of NY teams.  Before the virus I would go to Yankee Stadium every year.  We have bus trips to a lot of NY teams from Albany.  We're also not that far from Boston, Mass.  

Buffalo is further away than NY, NJ, Boston, etc.  The only reason the Bills are popular here is because a lot of us lived in Buffalo prior to coming to Albany.  I've lived in both the NYC metro area & Buffalo metro area.  

You sound like one of the NYC hating jerks I ran into when I lived in Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

East Rutherford, N.J.?  

Seriously, the Giants trained here for years & the stadium is the closest to Albany in the entire NFL.  It makes perfect sense that people here would be fans of NY teams.  Before the virus I would go to Yankee Stadium every year.  We have bus trips to a lot of NY teams from Albany.  We're also not that far from Boston, Mass.  

Buffalo is further away than NY, NJ, Boston, etc.  The only reason the Bills are popular here is because a lot of us lived in Buffalo prior to coming to Albany.  I've lived in both the NYC metro area & Buffalo metro area.  

You sound like one of the NYC hating jerks I ran into when I lived in Buffalo.  

I will second this. Even at sporting goods stores like *****, they are loaded with Giants, Jets, Pats gear, and have zero Bills gear. I even have a couple Cowboys flags in my neighborhood. It’s sort of wild. 

Just sort of thinking about it while I put it in writing. Feels like an untapped market for the Bills. SJF has been awesome for us, but it might make some sense to move camp up to the capital region. U Albany, Skidmore, whatever.  The region has a million + people. Not sure I love the idea, but it’s not the worst one I have ever come up with. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:44 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Maybe if the Chiefs are blowing them out by 50 points  they will switch to the Bills 

😝 

damn autocorrect 

With Newton out, that's possible.  I hope once KC gets ahead everyone turns the game off & switches to the Giants game & WRGB looks at the ratings and never chooses NE over the Bills again.  

Edit:  WGR is talking about the game being postponed.  I hope it happens because if it does, we get the Bills game.  

From a purely selfish view I say postpone, postpone, postpone! 

Double Edit: Schefter is saying the Pats game is getting postponed.  WGR is talking like it's a done deal that we'll be the CBS national game at 4:25.

NFL Network now saying game postponed until at least Monday or Tuesday

Nobody messes with the Buffalo Bills being show on TV in Albany.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

With the postponement of the Patriots-Chiefs game Sunday because of positive coronavirus tests on both teams, the NFL has moved the Bears-Colts game from 1 to 4:25 p.m. Sunday to give CBS a second doubleheader game.

The postponement will enable Capital Region viewers to see Bills-Raiders at 4:25 p.m. The game initially was trumped by Patriots-Chiefs. Some markets will get Bears-Colts, but those will be mostly in the Midwest.

https://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/patriots-chiefs-postponement-puts-bills-raiders-on-local-tv-as-nfl-juggles-schedule/19817/

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's official, NE @ KC postponed. The Bills game will be shown in Albany. No way Albany shows Colts/Bears game which has been moved to 4:25 & will be shown in the Midwest. 

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

With the postponement of the Patriots-Chiefs game Sunday because of positive coronavirus tests on both teams, the NFL has moved the Bears-Colts game from 1 to 4:25 p.m. Sunday to give CBS a second doubleheader game.

The postponement will enable Capital Region viewers to see Bills-Raiders at 4:25 p.m. The game initially was trumped by Patriots-Chiefs. Some markets will get Bears-Colts, but those will be mostly in the Midwest.

https://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/patriots-chiefs-postponement-puts-bills-raiders-on-local-tv-as-nfl-juggles-schedule/19817/

Halle *****king lujah 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

More confirmation from WRGB's website:

• 1:00 PM
    NFL Football "Los Angeles Chargers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers" 1:00 PM - 4:25 PM LIVE
  • 4:25 PM
    NFL Football "Buffalo Bills at Las Vegas Raiders" 4:25 PM - 7:30 PM LIVE
  • 7:30 PM
    60 Minutes  7:30 PM - 8:30 PM NEW
  • Thank you (+1) 1