Fitzpatrick says his favorite NFL city is ... Buffalo

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A speculation is that the Jets will hire Daboll as HC. If so, that could give him new life seeing as how it has helped Allen 

Been thinking this as well.  Feel like Daboll would be a leading candidate for that job. 

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I can easily see a team like the Steelers, Bucs, Vikings or Saints trading a 2nd for him. He has the talent to be a solid reclamation project and bridge quarterback. Hell, maybe the Bears bail on Mitch and decide to give Darnold a shot to unseat Foles. 

Bears are going to have to bail on Mitch.  He is a free agent at the end of this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fitz is pretty darn close to my favorite Bill of all time.  Not because of playing ability, but because he was one of the few players that "gets it" with respect to Bills fans and their relationship with the team.  I also believe the speculation that he was "NeverGiveUp" on this message board...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

A speculation is that the Jets will hire Daboll as HC. If so, that could give him new life seeing as how it has helped Allen 

The only reason I would see Daboll taking that job would be to turn Darnold around.  The rest of the team, and the organization, is a complete mess.  It's a teardown/rebuild and I don't see how Darnold survives that.  I think he gets shipped off elsewhere.

Can't bring Fitz here, the Fitz curse means Allen is getting injured. 

Amazing that with about 4-5 more starts he will rank #30 all time in passing yards, and needs 1,900 to pass Jim Kelly. He needs to go somewhere he plays and ends up in the top 25 (3,711 yards away). 

24 Boomer Esiason 37,920 1984-1997 3TM
25 Donovan McNabb 37,276 1999-2011 3TM
26 Matt Hasselbeck 36,638 1999-2015 4TM
27 Jim Kelly+ 35,467 1986-1996 buf
28 Jay Cutler 35,133 2006-2017 3TM
29 Jim Everett 34,837 1986-1997 3TM
30 Jim Hart 34,665 1966-1984 2TM
31 Steve DeBerg 34,241 1978-1998 6TM
32 Tony Romo 34,183 2004-2016 dal
33 Alex Smith 34,068 2005-2018 3TM
34 Ryan Fitzpatrick 33,565 2005-2020

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So he’s replacing barkley next year, right? RIGHT??

Would love to see it, but he's still good enough to get playing time either as a starter or as a very high end back up.  Not enough $$ to make it happen at this point.  

Maybe in 2-3 years

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I think Fitzy could continue an NFL career in coaching.

Who knows, perhaps one day Fitzy will return to Buffalo... 

Fitz is going to be the next Tony Romo.  He's so smart he's going to one-up Romo & predict the next 4 downs of plays instead of just the next one like Romo does. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Had this discussion last night.

Would you rather bring in Fitz or Darnold?

My heart says Fitz, but my brain says Darnold.

Are you serious? Heart and brain agree on this one... Fitzpatrick and it's not even close.

As much as I’d love Fitzy back as our primary back up and drop Barkley and Place Fromm on PS again, I don’t see the Fins letting him go even with Tua starting.  It would be great to find $5 mil. for him to finish up in Buffalo.  I could also see him coaching someday, but he has practically a village of kids so I can only imagine a good family guy wanting to spend a couple of years coaching his kids.  I could easily see him one day as a QB coach and maybe even a Coordinator someday.  

I listened to Shefty's podcast and Ryan was great.  The bit about his seven kids being born in seven different states really gives you perspective on the life he's led as an NFL OB.

Great guy, who clearly has a bright future after football...

• Like (+1) 1

Bring Fitz back to be Josh's back up on Day 1 of the 2021 offseason (AKA the day after the Bills Super Bowl win 🤪). Seriously though, great guy, great leader, still has the ability to step in and keep the offense going when needed, and can be another coach/mentor for Josh which will be especially important if Daboll leaves.

Seems like a win-win to me...1 year/$5.5 million?