Fitzpatrick says his favorite NFL city is ... Buffalo

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I’d love Fitzy back as our primary back up and drop Barkley and Place Fromm on PS again, I don’t see the Fins letting him go even with Tua starting.  It would be great to find $5 mil. for him to finish up in Buffalo.  I could also see him coaching someday, but he has practically a village of kids so I can only imagine a good family guy wanting to spend a couple of years coaching his kids.  I could easily see him one day as a QB coach and maybe even a Coordinator someday.  

I just can’t see him coaching. He has done what most wish they could do: play a game to set him and his family up for life. 

Coaching is a lifestyle and is nothing like that of a player. Just my opinion. 

With all of that, I love Fitz. I’ve completely forgotten the game I was at where Fred was wide open and he threw the ball five yards short. 😃 

Ok, seriously now, I do love the guy. Heart, passion and drive for football...and loves WNY. 

For those that talk about our taxes or weather, take another look. I lived in the SE for 19 years and, factoring everything in, it’s only about 5% more to live here. Reality. 

Also: Finger Lakes? Great Lakes? Fall foliage? BILLS FOOTBALL? There’s more. It’s worth another look!!!! 😃 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As much as I’d love Fitzy back as our primary back up and drop Barkley and Place Fromm on PS again, I don’t see the Fins letting him go even with Tua starting.  It would be great to find $5 mil. for him to finish up in Buffalo.  I could also see him coaching someday, but he has practically a village of kids so I can only imagine a good family guy wanting to spend a couple of years coaching his kids.  I could easily see him one day as a QB coach and maybe even a Coordinator someday.  

he is a 2021 FA..... he can leave if he wants 

Thanks Yolo.  I knew, I just thought they would put bid us.  They may just want to stay younger, but he is worth a valuable backup role if we can afford it with the potential cap loss.  It’s so hard to predict now given the ambiguity, and haven’t looked up the gpa between what it would cost to have Fitzy finish here vs. keep Barkley.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

I LOVE IT! Fitz would probably be voted to the Wall of Fame if fans could vote. WE LOVE YOU FITZ!!

He belongs up there for all the passes Bills caught from him, regardless of which team’s uniform he was wearing! 

I actually loved the stories about how he’d host the whole neighborhood post-game and all the kids would be running in and out of the house. That may be my favorite thing about Fitzy! It was so down to earth and......”real”. Loved it! 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So he’s replacing barkley next year, right? RIGHT??

I know this was said in jest, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he is brought in to be a backup to Allen next year. Seems like a logical end of career situation for Fitzpatrick and makes sense for a contending Bills team in case anything happens to Allen.

With that said, Fitzpatrick always seems to find himself in the ideal situation to make as much of his new cities opportunities and probably will find himself in the same role he has always been in as a placeholder on a bad franchise for a new QB to take over.

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm thinking BOTH.

Bring in Fitz on a one-day contract so he can retire as a Bill (and therefore go into Canton as a Bill). Sign Darnold to a 2 yr backup deal, let him use McD's cultural stability to get back on his feet for a year, then trade him for a high draft pick.

EDIT: If Daboll leaves for a HC job, Dorsey to OC and Fitz QB Coach?

As long as he and Phins don't beat us in week 17 to knock us out of the playoffs, I'm in...

No doubt Bills should bring him in on a 2yr deal next season if he is available. Nothing but good things could come from he and his family reconnecting with this team and community. He perfectly fits the McBean “high-character/team-over-individual” profile. Maybe even get to retire with a SB ring! 

17 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks Yolo.  I knew, I just thought they would put bid us.  They may just want to stay younger, but he is worth a valuable backup role if we can afford it with the potential cap loss.  It’s so hard to predict now given the ambiguity, and haven’t looked up the gpa between what it would cost to have Fitzy finish here vs. keep Barkley.

Fitz has made 71 million so far in the NFL.  I don't think money would be his only concern as to where he goes next year.

22 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm thinking BOTH.

Bring in Fitz on a one-day contract so he can retire as a Bill (and therefore go into Canton as a Bill). Sign Darnold to a 2 yr backup deal, let him use McD's cultural stability to get back on his feet for a year, then trade him for a high draft pick.

EDIT: If Daboll leaves for a HC job, Dorsey to OC and Fitz QB Coach?

Again with the Fitz in the HOF nonsense...i thought that delirium had run its course