Fitzpatrick says his favorite NFL city is ... Buffalo

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe. Or maybe he pulls a Jamis Winston and takes a safe job with a good team that has great coaching in order to rebuild his image so he can get a real starting spot.

Im not sure the market will be hot for Sam if everyone thinks the Jets really damaged him (which they have).

I can easily see a team like the Steelers, Bucs, Vikings or Saints trading a 2nd for him. He has the talent to be a solid reclamation project and bridge quarterback. Hell, maybe the Bears bail on Mitch and decide to give Darnold a shot to unseat Foles. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe. Or maybe he pulls a Jamis Winston and takes a safe job with a good team that has great coaching in order to rebuild his image so he can get a real starting spot.

Im not sure the market will be hot for Sam if everyone thinks the Jets really damaged him (which they have).

My biggest fear is he goes to New England. He’s got the talent but obviously Gase destroyed his growth. He still can be good in this league.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’d been on record with this -even after a couple more stops on his NFL journey. I’m glad he still thinks so. Would ❤️for them to move here after he’s done playing and get into sports broadcasting. God knows WNY needs it!

No way he’s paying NYS taxes, he’ll be back to visit

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So he’s replacing barkley next year, right? RIGHT??

You want Allen to get injured!? Or start sucking!?

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A speculation is that the Jets will hire Daboll as HC. If so, that could give him new life seeing as how it has helped Allen 

Would Daboll really take that job? I'm assuming he will get more than one interested team and I doubt he would want to face his old team twice a year.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think that is right.

NFL sells the product of football as if it means something more than pure escapist entertainment.  They sell football as the a battle of will/heart, a clash of morals and ethics.  And each game is not just a game but it is you, your city, your family,  your families history, your fandom, your knowledge of football and your opportunity to claim superiority over fans in another (possibly better off city) all on the line with the outcome of each game.

there are few fan bases/cities that truely buy into that as a whole.  I would say Buffalo Fans buy into it more than most fan bases.

It just means MORE for various reasons.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

2 minutes ago, cage said:

Darnold doesn't seem like Bills material...

Darnold is getting a bad rap right now, and he's not playing well. But he is a talented QB and is in a truly awful situation. Worst receivers in the league, no RB, A middling-at-best o-line (which was awful last season), and a coaching dumpster fire. He's better than he's showing. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If Darnold is in fact going to be either released or traded at years end, I assume he’s going to want to go to a team where he has a chance to start. Idk if he comes to Buffalo unless he personally wants to back up Allen.

He's too good to be a backup. He'd be a productive player on a better team. Put him on Pittsburgh (if, say, Roethlisberger retires) and he's immediately better than every qb on that team. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Darnold is getting a bad rap right now, and he's not playing well. But he is a talented QB and is in a truly awful situation. Worst receivers in the league, no RB, A middling-at-best o-line (which was awful last season), and a coaching dumpster fire. He's better than he's showing. 

He's too good to be a backup. He'd be a productive player on a better team. Put him on Pittsburgh (if, say, Roethlisberger retires) and he's immediately better than every qb on that team. 

I agree with Pittsburgh for sure, or maybe even Jacksonville or the Giants

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So he’s replacing barkley next year, right? RIGHT??

JA is quaking in his boots if he see's that!!!!  LOL!

42 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the Fitz cycle is more legit than the madden curse..

AGREE!!!!

GO BILLS!