Ranking the NFL QBs...

bills6969

This is crazy. It's been three games and the majority of fans here are saying Allen is a top 5 QB? And some think he's better than Rodgers? That's borderline insanity. Not saying he won't get there eventually, but let's pump the brakes here a bit. It wasn't that long ago that Trent Edwards was supposed to be the MVP of the year after starting out 4-1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

This is crazy. It's been three games and the majority of fans here are saying Allen is a top 5 QB? And some think he's better than Rodgers? That's borderline insanity. Not saying he won't get there eventually, but let's pump the brakes here a bit. It wasn't that long ago that Trent Edwards was supposed to be the MVP of the year after starting out 4-1.

Personally I am ranking them strictly by how they've played thus far, this season

If you have a different calculus feel free to post your list

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It's also borderline insanity to want to compare Edwards to Allen.

Otherwise, I get your point.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Agreed on pumping the breaks but the Edward's comparison isn't a good one.  Through those 5 games, Trent had 4 total TDs.  He was never pushing the ball downfield like Josh is. 

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Allen is clearly in the top 4 performers through 3 weeks. Personally I go Wilson, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes but to be honest I could make an argument for any 4 of those at number 1.

Charlottesville Law Firm Offering Free Rides Home On New Year's Eve | WUVA   Humility and competitive fire make Josh Allen Buffalo's unquestioned leader

(This is a real law firm here in Richmond)

image.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Charlottesville Law Firm Offering Free Rides Home On New Year's Eve | WUVA   Humility and competitive fire make Josh Allen Buffalo's unquestioned leader

(This is a real law firm here in Richmond)

image.png

Also, Ranked #4 on the NFL.com QB index:

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-4-how-low-will-carson-wentz-go

Over his last 14 games, Allen has 25 passing touchdowns, eight rushing touchdowns and just three interceptions. The Bills finished September third in points per game and fourth in yards per game. Led by its best athlete and playmaker -- a quarterback capable of going toe-to-toe with Aaron Donald in terms of physical prowess with the game on the line -- this is now an offensive team.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:12 PM, Bill Lewes said:

a little early to dis Brees, Brady, etc.    
Allen, Murray, Watson - even Mayfield on the rise, sure.  
But let's not forget the guys who are in the HOF class picture.

If you had to win the next game and could have your pick of the QBs, you'd take them in that order?

I think I'd be going:

Wilson

Rodgers
Mahomes
Brady
Brees
Allen
Roethlisberger
Watson
Murray
Jackson
Newton, Rivers, Carr, Fitz, Tannehill, Goff
Mayfield

No Dak???

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

No Dak???

Fair enough --- I hate him, but I suppose you could put him on the same line as Mayfield.  Remember, I'm looking at just winning one game.  I don' think he's reliable, but you're right he def belongs on the list.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd have Wilson as the clear number one based on his defense being so bad. They've needed all of his TD's to win for the most part (similar to Allen). And SOS wise ATL, DAL, NE is a little tougher than NYJ, MIA, LAR.

The other three could really go in any order but for arguments sake I'll put Allen at #2 for similar reasons as Wilson at #1. Our defense unfortunately has not been good this year and Allen has not been supported by a league leading rushing attack (like in Green Bay). 

• Like (+1) 1