Ranking the NFL QBs...

bills6969

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I liked him coming out but there’s nothing there imo

Mmmmm he has proven a lot more than some of these other QBs on the list.. 2017, 18 and 19 he was a very very good QB.. Eagles are in cap hell and that team will likely get blown up this offseason... Eagles cap management has been abominable.. I do think with the right team around him Wentz is a fringe top 10 QB.. if the Eagles move on from him they’ll be sorry!

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

My take on the best QBs in the league.  

1. MaHomes

2. Russ Wilson

3. Josh Allen

4. Aaron Rodgers 

5. Kyler Murray

6 . Drew Brees

7 . Lamar Jackson

8.  Deshaun Watson

9.  Baker

10. Tom Brady

Wow this is not a very good take.  

1.  Russel Wilson

2.  Patrick Mahomes (Mahomes and Wilson are basically 1a and 1b, you can make a case for either, but based on the season, its Wilson right now).

3.  Aaron Rodgers

That is the unquestioned top 3.

Here is where some variance can come into play...Allen has a case for #4 solely on the season so far, but I don't think we can put him there yet after just 3 games.

4.  Dak Prescott

5.  Drew Brees

6.  Josh Allen

7.  Lamar Jackson (I feel like he hasn't progressed as a passer, and defenses are better prepared to limit his running damage so he drops some spots for me)

8.  Deshaun Watson

9.  Big Ben

10. Tom Brady

Guys who have cases for top 10:  Tannehill, Murray, Newton, Goff, Ryan

49 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No he's not.

He's a walking interception.

He's the very definition of average on his BEST day.

Yeah cause 100 TDs to 41 INTs is the epitome of a walking interception. 😏

Mark my words, Wentz will rebound.. He is having a bad year but that’s cause his team sucks.

Lets see your list! Ohhhhh yeah! That’s right! You don’t have one!! D’oh! 😏

Edited by Victory Formation

Elite tier:

Mahomes

Wilson

Rodgers

Near elite:

Allen

Watson 

Dak

Lamar

Very good:

Murray

Ben

Goff

Brees 

Tannehill 

Stafford

Wentz

Cam

Good:

Brady

Baker

Minshew

Carr

Cousins

Jimmy G

Burrow 

Rivers

Fitz

Meh to bad:

Teams 24-32 

Edited by Big Blitz

This type of question needs a context.  Is it a 3 game evaluation (very small sample size) or a projection for the rest of the year?  Sometimes their age and contract situation is considered and then the question becomes more of a "futures" one like "If you were a GM, rank them in order of preference for your QB1."

Drew Brees and Tom Brady do not make my list.

Yearly Qb rankings are not career acheievement rewards.  Allen is the top Qb in the AFC this year through 3 games.  In the NFL he is behind only Russel Wilson.

1. Wilson

2. Allen

3. Mahomes

4. Rodgers

5. Prescotte

Allen has a chance to steal the MVP award from Wilson.  Buffalo imo has a better defense and I think Buffalo finishes with a better record.  If Allen duels Mahomes in 2 Thursdays he will put the league on notice.  3 more primetime games will provide the platform for Allen to flurish.

9 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Kyler has some good weapons including the best WR not named Thomas. Dallas OLine has been banged up a little this year.

I love Fitz but he's 100 years old.  Christian Kirk has been banged up all year and as good as Kenyan Drake is, he's no Zeke.  Dallas' banged up line is still better than what AZ fields. 

This is Kyler Murray's 2nd year in the league.  Also, I find it funny how all of a sudden some Bills fans don't want to count his rushing TDs, when they did the exact same thing for Allen the past 2 years.

If we're solely talking about so far this year, I'd probably go:

1. Russell Wilson
  2. Aaron Rodgers
  3. Patrick Mahomes
  4. Josh Allen
  5. Tom Brady
  6. Dak Prescott
  7. Lamar Jackson
  8. Jared Goff
  9. Derek Carr
  10. Not really sure, probably Watson, Kyler, or Minshew
Edited by DCOrange

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:35 PM, Victory Formation said:

Mmmmm he has proven a lot more than some of these other QBs on the list.. 2017, 18 and 19 he was a very very good QB.. Eagles are in cap hell and that team will likely get blown up this offseason... Eagles cap management has been abominable.. I do think with the right team around him Wentz is a fringe top 10 QB.. if the Eagles move on from him they’ll be sorry!

I'm sorry I don't agree with this. The reason the Eagles are in cap trouble in 2021 and 2022 is because they backloaded a lot of money to keep as many pieces around Wentz as possible while he was cheap. They went all in. Now they have had problems keeping guys healthy, Wentz included and that has hurt but I discussed their cap situation at length in a post a couple of weeks ago. Man, even this offseason knowing that they were tight against the cap already in 2021 they went out and spent on Javon Hargrave and Marquise Goodwin. They traded and then extended the least talked about elite player in the NFL in Darius Slay. They kept adding pieces to give Wentz the best possible team around him. Now if Wentz sucks in 2021 and 2022 you can tell me it is because their GM did a bad job "managing the cap" and you would have something of a point. but in 2018, 2019 the job Roseman has done keeping talent around Wentz has been very good. Wentz hasn't got it done. In 2018 he played good not great..... in 2019 He was horrible the first half of the year and then played brilliantly down the stretch. And I say this as someone who thought the "Extend Foles, trade Wentz" talk was utter nonsense (I still think that)... but he just has not played well enough consistently enough with the talent he has had around him. When I watch him the thing I think about him is he doesn't see the field that well. People love to talk about Goff being a "system" Quarterback and needing a certain style of offense to thrive but I think Wentz does too. And as teams have begun to adjust to the RPO and run some cleverer coverages on the backend to make the Quarterback think he is seeing one thing at the point the decides to pass out of the RPO only for him to then find out they are in something else Wentz has become a hesitant, ball holding Quarterback. When I watch him play at the moment he looks like a golfer with the yipps to me he just won't let the ball go.

Edited by GunnerBill

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If we're solely talking about so far this year, I'd probably go:

1. Russell Wilson
  2. Aaron Rodgers
  3. Patrick Mahomes
  4. Josh Allen
  5. Tom Brady
  6. Dak Prescott
  7. Lamar Jackson
  8. Jared Goff
  9. Derek Carr