Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, krf139 said:

This will really stink having to play Tennessee coming off a week 4 bye and well rested.

Yes! How dare Covid allow for the Titans to get an advantage when playing the Bills.   Screw Covid, the Titans must play this weekend NO MATTER WHAT! 

Edited by LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Kind of an out there idea, but how would pausing league wide activities go? So lots of positives even if contained to 1 or 2 teams the league doesn't play this week picks up the following week, current week 4 gets added to the end of the season?

I agree with this, I need Dallas Godert back. I have Kittles out and I have no other TE options. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Feels like a bit of over reaction thus far.  This is why they test.  The additional practice squad players and the 3 week IR are the protections.  If contained to 3 I think the games move forward.

I will wait until more players become positive before I worry about cancelling the season.

Is it good/bad they play the Bills in 2 weeks?

This is why they are closed until Saturday at minimum - takes several days to become positive - so they need to isolate and ensure no one else comes up.  Then they can put these guys on the 3 week IR and bring people up.

The issue is they won’t know until Friday or Saturday if others are impacted and they won’t let them play with only 1 travel day and some zoom meetings.

This has no impact on the rest of the NFL - they just need to figure out the schedule.

Good versus Bad - depends on total number of Titans impacted and who misses the game, but does suck because Pittsburgh being so physical would’ve helped the Bills a bunch.  I read something that stated that teams have a significantly worse record the weeks after playing the Ravens and Steelers due to the physicality of the game.  Teams need more recovery which could have been huge.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If it's contained to just these 3 players hopefully we can play as normal. If it spread to Vikings or more players this week likely gets canceled and pushed to the end of the season.

Part of the issue is incubation period. We aren't 100% positive on it yet, but some people test positive as early as 3 days others as late as 14. I get the league and teams want to play, but if the Titans test positive, there is a chance that there are players on the vikings that don't test positive for up to two weeks. I think playing is a bad idea if you are trying to power through the season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Vikings seem to be getting the raw end of the stick here.. did nothing wrong but will basically have to be behind the 8 ball going into their next game due to another team's issues.

Well let's hope that no Vikings test positive.  It at least would show no player got it on the field.

The league needs to stop player interaction before and after the game between the 2 teams playing.

IMO.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Part of the issue is incubation period. We aren't 100% positive on it yet, but some people test positive as early as 3 days others as late as 14. I get the league and teams want to play, but if the Titans test positive, there is a chance that there are players on the vikings that don't test positive for up to two weeks. I think playing is a bad idea if you are trying to power through the season

You are conflating symptoms with positive tests. They will test positive sooner, but may not become symptomatic until some time later. 

[Edit: no, he is correct. - Hap]

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Kind of an out there idea, but how would pausing league wide activities go? So lots of positives even if contained to 1 or 2 teams the league doesn't play this week picks up the following week, current week 4 gets added to the end of the season?

Do you pause league wide activities for the eventual positives after that?

15 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I am surprised the league didn't schedule in 2 "dead weeks" during the season for make up games. 

54 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

Why not just add two empty weeks on the end of the season for makeup games? That should more or less account for most outbreaks of this sort, right? I’m surprised they didn’t stick a makeup “bye” week in the middle of the season to account for this sort of thing... 

One extra week can fairly easily do.  Two weeks means moving the Super Bowl.  That's not so easy to move.  I have reservation for Tampa area week of SB, if it got moved my reservations are worthless and someone paying $100 a night for the following week made out great.  There are many more even tougher things likely to reschedule than hotel rooms.

• Like (+1) 1