Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Any chance their games are off? If so what does the league do? This isn't like the Premier League over here where you can just stick a midweek game in to catch up. You can't play twice a week in the NFL.

Sirius NFL radio said there is no way they will play the game but who knows?

So far the NFL teams have been very vigilant in doing what is necessary to keep the season rolling--but it's hard to stay so focused/careful at all times, we all see that in our own day to day--that said, hopefully by aggressively staying on top of contact tracing and the daily testing, etc. to bring about a course correction early, this will be a short-lived blip on the radar. Because by jove we need this season to play out and have our Bills be the last team standing on SB Sunday!  

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Any chance their games are off? If so what does the league do? This isn't like the Premier League over here where you can just stick a midweek game in to catch up. You can't play twice a week in the NFL.

I imagine the league expected positive tests at some point which is why they have protocols in place and have expanded rosters and practice squads. 

I assume games will continue and teams will just have to deal with it. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

Why not just add two empty weeks on the end of the season for makeup games? That should more or less account for most outbreaks of this sort, right? I’m surprised they didn’t stick a makeup “bye” week in the middle of the season to account for this sort of thing... 

The NFL will eliminate the bye week before the SB if needed. Hopefully they wouldn't need more than that.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where did you see that? Not saying it’s not true, just didn’t see that part 

I was just going to post this question, I havent seen Saturday anywhere.

I dont get why they cant (and they might be) just isolate the positive cases, cleanse the facility and then test everyone else again. If no one else is positive, let them back in while keeping those 8 isolated until they are clear?

It was bound to happen. No reason to panic yet. Let’s see how they handle it.

Ive actually been impressed how well their covid safety protocol has worked so far.
I originally thought they would need to create a bubble, like the NBA and NHL, but so far they’ve been doing well without it. Hopefully this is just a small hiccup.

Best wishes for speedy recoveries! 

Honestly if we went another week without a single positive test I would just start to assume the league was lying and hiding covid cases. It would have started to look really sketchy. 1600+ players, we knew there was a 100% chance of this happening, now let's see how they respond.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Carelessness. I’m sure that all of us have had this fear since last March. We’ve gotta really hope that this isn’t the start of a trend. These players and team staff need to take this seriously and avoid external contact. There wasn’t an opportunity to be in a bubble like the NBA or the NHL, so you have to create your own as a player or staff member who is in contact with players. Sounds like some people failed.

EDITED FOR NON-FOOTBALL CONTENT

The chances that players were going to get this was always very high.  Hopefully with the daily testing, they were able to catch and quarantine them quick enough to keep it from reaching too many teammates.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting, everything else says just suspending in person while confirming the cases, nothing about time frame 

Yeah....that was the shocking news.  Not sure how they plan to play Sunday if the facility is shut down

its still up there.  Shutting down the facility til saturday.

the Vikings are evacuating their facility as we speak, but have reported zero positive tests since the game