Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Wonder if more issues with other teams come up that affect playing games if they could add a week or two at the end of the season for any make-up games if required before starting the playoffs.  Would think in the new world order it shouldn't be that big a deal to move out playoffs or even SB - mostly would just have to adjust the network programming?   At a min would think they could go back to just one week between conf championship and SB and buy a week that way

Apologies if I missed this, but this seems to be a pretty good article including a timeline on the Titans outbreak and some of the issues around timing of testing arising from it:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30002250/tennessee-titans-covid-19-outbreak-know-positive-coronavirus-tests-nfl-games-postponed

Key points:

-48 close contacts were identified, some presumably using Kinexon Proximity Recording tracking devices all players and employees wear during team activities (including travel)
-"General guidance from public health officials suggests it can take up to five to seven days for an infection to register in a test."

[but that doesn't mean it's clear sailing with a neg. test 5-7 days post exposure:

"Up to 30% of people might not test positive or develop symptoms on day eight, nine, 10, up to day 14,"

-Vikes hope to be back in facility Thurs

- Vikes-Texans still on the schedule as of this article

-soonest Titans can get back would be Saturday (unclear whether this is pushed back by the additional pos. tests

-Titans-Steelers officially postponed, reschedule TBD

Flowchart from NFL explaining how asymptomatic and symptomatic positive tests are handled.  Click graphic or go to tweet to embiggen.

image.thumb.png.33a0390f2c70af8b2a06f38da47859c1.png

This is from the NFL protocols FYI only

HTH and doesn't spur an "outbreak" of "everyone's an infectious disease expert";  please respect the request to keep the discussion to football and don't debate what you think the protocol should be. It Is What It Is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Wonder if more issues with other teams come up that affect playing games if they could add a week or two at the end of the season for any make-up games if required before starting the playoffs.  Would think in the new world order it shouldn't be that big a deal to move out playoffs or even SB - mostly would just have to adjust the network programming?   At a min would think they could go back to just one week between conf championship and SB and buy a week that way

I guess the push back would likely be from a result of final standings. 

If a team that was rescheduled was in the mix for a playoff birth or the seeding changed then sure, push it back.

If it does nothing to the overall playoff picture then I feel like they could just as easily call it a tie or don't even count it toward their overall record to keep the draft in order. 

1 minute ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

This is a God Damned Cluster ***** of the first order. I don't see how you can make the game up without ***** the Bills.

The game will be played as scheduled, Titans will just be down so far 7 players. 

Just now, nucci said:

Next weeks game is now in question

I dont see it in question, they shut them down monday, gives them the 7 day window for positive test results. They will be back in their facility monday of next week ready to get their non-covid butts kicked..and short a bunch of quarantined guys. 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

The game will be played as scheduled, Titans will just be down so far 7 players. 

I dont see it in question, they shut them down monday, gives them the 7 day window for positive test results. They will be back in their facility monday of next week ready to get their non-covid butts kicked..and short a bunch of quarantined guys. 

HOW???   they had two more people test positive today...   that's 8 day from the bills game.  it can take up to 14 day for them to test / show signs yet can still spread it.   So now we play them and start testing positive... F THAT.  

1 minute ago, gordong said:

HOW???   they had two more people test positive today...   that's 8 day from the bills game.  it can take up to 14 day for them to test / show signs yet can still spread it.   So now we play them and start testing positive... F THAT.  

People testing positive today have NO EFFECT on the timeline, its from when they isolated/shut down the Titans. The only date that matters is last Monday when they shut them down. I cannot get into the specifics you mentioned of your "14 days" because that kind of COVID talk is outlawed here. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Adam Schefter isn't one for hot takes, it might not:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

As a fan it would suck to not have the Bills on next weekend.  But if it comes to that, I guess the sooner the Bills know the better so they can get more prep time for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

7 players so far... that’s workable if it stops here, or doesn’t progress too much further,  but yea... I think it’s obvious that if that number doubles over the weekend and we hit Monday with 14-15 Titans players testing positive and no end to the continuous days of positive tests that our game would be in jeopardy.  

That said, the Titans used up their bye week bullet... Only other option I’ve heard is a “Week 18” make up date for games before the Playoffs start. 

I can't get over with how stupid the NFL was with the schedule. How the hell did they not make any adjustments and have more built in bye weeks to accommodate for games that need to be rescheduled. 

If teams start needed to reschedule multiple games the whole thing is going to fall apart. 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I say punish them and have them forfeit. 

lol.  

Considering it was their own negligence that led to this, I believe this may actually be considered.

On a positive note an early bye week is beneficial to us this year.

• Like (+1) 1