Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Since there are few to no fans, you would think they could keep the schedule dynamic and attempt to make bye adaptable to at least cover one instance for each team, just thinking out loud without really understanding the complexity.

My main concern now is what to do about JuJu on my FFB

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Isn’t this why everyone has extra PS guys? Sit these players and staff out, test the remaining players and staff and move forward, next man up.

• Like (+1) 1

Per an epidemiologist on the timing of the rescheduled game:

In his view, the Titans should not play on Sunday. You have to operate as if there is an outbreak and wait the virus out. Their infection clock should start on Monday -- the last day they had contact with infected personnel. Playing on Sunday would allow just six days for the infections to show up, which is a significant risk -- it's a short period of time, and rushing back too soon is what got the St. Louis Cardinals in trouble. People tend to test positive five to seven days after being exposed, so it's entirely possible someone on the field will in fact be infectious despite clear test results leading into the game. Now, the NFL has said they're postponing the Titans-Steelers game to Monday or Tuesday, which would provide at least a seven-day gap from the last point of potential infection. Provided there was a rapid point-of-contact test given on Monday and no positive tests were recorded, Binney said that would help tip the scales from "a very real chance more cases could pop up" to "arguably a good chance no more cases pop up" -- a significant shift in the risk-versus-reward ratio.

The Vikings, on the other hand, are in a slightly different boat, as they have not yet had any positive tests. If nothing happens in the first five days, Binney says, then there probably will not be an outbreak. That would mean if there are no positive tests by Friday, the Vikings could get back to normal operations and play their game against the Texans, albeit with minimal practice.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/scramble/2020/scramble-ball-covid-crisis
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not too sure if this has been given much emphasis before, but if I was the Vikings, I'd want my game delayed also, just so they can get proper preparation for it, as they have been an 'innocent' party in all of this, and still having to play against someone Sunday, imho, unfairly penalizes them through less preparation. Maybe put their game on Monday, and the Titans game Tuesday.

The trouble with all of this, is that teams who haven't done anything wrong, are going to be collateral damage as they try and progress the season.

The NFL may have to 'make an example' somehere soon, otherwise they could well be making a rod for their own back in respect of trying to re-schedule games every darn week.

I'd say that the NFL also needs to explain to teams, how they are going to approach this type of situation, so teams can put in place some sort of plans on how to deal with late changes to their schedule.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed, when it's already a short week No Way to a flex

Be patient with us all, we're all just doing our best to figure out the smoothest way to handle these things...

Unless bills chiefs goes back to Sunday. 

slide 3 games by a couple days to get semi normal weeks isn’t tooooo crazy without many fans in play. 

probably won’t happen though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Unless bills chiefs goes back to Sunday. 

slide 3 games by a couple days to get semi normal weeks isn’t tooooo crazy without many fans in play. 

probably won’t happen though.

Can't imagine they would drop the only Thursday night game scheduled that day.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, ILBillsfan said:

Teams have to get tight on personnel and players on not leaving the hotels when they travel... That was the main finding and reason behind baseball having issues with COVID.  players were not staying in there hotel rooms and going out and about

Or bringing in rent-a-girls but I have been told by an ex-player that athletes can find hotel personnel who will give "personal service" if they are willing to pay enough.

The story from the Viking side is that a titans PS player tested positive for Covid on Saturday before the team left for Minnesota. Obviously that player didn’t travel but that player had been in contact with a coach who then held meeting with other players in close quarters, no mask. No tests are done on Sundays. The positives then showed up on Monday. If true, could have been contained to the coach if he followed protocol and wore a mask. Also, vrabel said the players were experiencing symptoms. That means a Longer time frame that they will need to sit out. They aren’t impact players but interesting nonetheless. 

this came from a podcast with Chris Spielman who I’m assuming got this info from his brother.

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

Can't imagine they would drop the only Thursday night game scheduled that day.

rubes, my man, You could put any game you want that day was my point. 

There was discussion of rearranging what weeks teams would be playing and having byes. flip flopping what day people play in a weekend would be much smaller impact if they wanted to slide things that way