Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't happy we are now getting the Titans on a short week, assuming they play on Tuesday on not Monday. 

COVID. Its a risk for everyone. 

Agree with you Big Hands....short week is music to my ears.  Even Monday means less time to prep.

And yeah it's a HUGE risk......Raiders should receive more than a slap on the wrist for their shenanigans. 

Go BILLS!

1 minute ago, iinii said:

One or two two days is going to make that big of a difference? Can you say tip of the iceberg? Get your popcorn; the game of the week may truly become the only game of the week. 

They are delaying it to close the titans facility long enough and to give titans practice time, so yes 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not really - there is precedence to move a Sunday game to Monday as needed.

bills went to  Detroit to play the jests after the big snow a few years back I recall  And, no practices....but they won anyhow.  Lions fans got into the game for free I also recall.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

bills went to  Detroit to play the jests after the big snow a few years back I recall  And, no practices....but they won anyhow.  Lions fans got into the game for free I also recall.

Yep they did everything remotely that week. No one cried for them and nothing was moved after that

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are delaying it to close the titans facility long enough and to give titans practice time, so yes 

One or two days of practice is going to make up for normal preparedness?  And it looks like another Titan has tested positive which is more to my point. At this point no one knows how many Titans may be infected. If the Bills’ facilities were closed until Saturday or Sunday and they were given two days to prepare, I bet the song around here would be quite a bit different. Would you still feel so strongly if the shoe was on the other foot? 

1 minute ago, iinii said:

One or two days of practice is going to make up for normal preparedness?  And it looks like another Titan has tested positive which is more to my point. At this point no one knows how many Titans may be infected. If the Bills’ facilities were closed until Saturday or Sunday and they were given two days to prepare, I bet the song around here would be quite a bit different. Would you still feel so strongly if the shoe was on the other foot? 

Wasn't it on the other foot when the Jets game got moved to Detroit?

4 minutes ago, iinii said:

I don’t feel strongly about anything. The teams are aware they signed up for what might not be a smooth season. The only way they will need to move it to later in the season is if a whole position group is impacted beyond the team’s ability to substitute for a game situation. Think 3 Olinemen. That’s not the case. There are still more days of testing to go, but at this time the contingency plan of Monday or Tuesday is what makes the most sense - no one claimed it was ideal. It’s not making up for the same amount of practice, it’s giving *some* practice. They aren’t entitled to the same amount. They all signed up for what could occur. 

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Wasn't it on the other foot when the Jets game got moved to Detroit?

Yes

Edited by YoloinOhio