Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Part of the issue is incubation period. We aren't 100% positive on it yet, but some people test positive as early as 3 days others as late as 14. I get the league and teams want to play, but if the Titans test positive, there is a chance that there are players on the vikings that don't test positive for up to two weeks. I think playing is a bad idea if you are trying to power through the season

Yeah, this is the part I’m not clear on.  Would I test positive immediately after contracting the virus?  The next day?  Two days later?  Etc.  If we’re on the shorter end of the spectrum, then it’s possible that that Titans players and personnel acquired the virus after playing the Vikings, which would be great news in terms of containing the intra- and inter-team spread.  

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

If they can get back in by Thursday or Friday - I could see them pushing the game back to Monday night - like the Bills game a few years ago.

If it is Saturday- I could see them manipulate the schedule to match up bye weeks later.

Lots of options still early in the season.

yea one great option is keep the game as scheduled and the Titans are just playing with a week of virtual practice. As long as everyone who will play/coach/be involved in the game tests negative. Oh well for them. Let it be a lesson to follow protocols and for all people involved with NFL clubs to tighten up their social interactions or their teams suffer. The lesson going forward is "dont let your team down". 

I just spent a half-hour of my lunchtime cleaning up this thread because some people think they are too important to follow the same rules as everybody else.

Having one person working overtime because other people can't or won't do their jobs is wrong.

I would suggest re-reading the notice regarding political/covid discussion linked below, because we are approaching the point where warning points are just no longer going to be sufficient for repeat offenders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Yeah, this is the part I’m not clear on.  Would I test positive immediately after contracting the virus?  The next day?  Two days later?  Etc.  If we’re on the shorter end of the spectrum, then it’s possible that that Titans players and personnel acquired the virus after playing the Vikings, which would be great news in terms of containing the intra- and inter-team spread.  

I thought you were most infectious within the first 5 to 10 days before you even show symptoms. I'm assuming you can test positive within that timeframe.

[Edit: the current data is infectious 24 hrs before symptoms.]

• SDS locked this topic

We appreciate the news as a pertains to this development. Let us know if additional official developments need to be added to inform the public.

If you have concerns, comments, or questions regarding regarding COVID-19 please consult more appropriate resources.

• Thank you (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Titans: 3 players and 5 personnel positive for Covids

Heard on NFL Live - the league really wants to go ahead with the Pittsburgh - Tennessee Titans game scheduled for Sunday, yet threatened by COVID-19.  Tennessee can't even get back into their building until Saturday.  The league is considering making it a Monday night or even a Tuesday night game.   Of course, that will have an impact on the ability of the Titans to prepare for their game with Buffalo the following week particularly if they can't play Pittsburgh until Tuesday.  Presumably, they would have a Wednesday off followed by two, rather than three days of practice, and then a Saturday walk through.  McDermott will be licking his chops.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Starting DL (and team captain) and long-snapper and a PS player. A 4th player has now also tested positive though he has not been identified.

Not great for the league but definitely helpful for the Steelers and Bills.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2020/09/29/titans-covid-19-who-tested-positive-daquan-jones-beau-brinkley/3579461001/

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Starting DL (and team captain) and long-snapper and a PS player. A 4th player has now also tested positive though he has not been identified.

Not great for the league but definitely helpful for the Steelers and Bills.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2020/09/29/titans-covid-19-who-tested-positive-daquan-jones-beau-brinkley/3579461001/

So these are the guys

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/titans-daquan-jones-covid-19-played-51-snaps-against-vikings

The DLman is Daquan Jones

Not so good news for the Vikings OL since their center and guards would have been going face-to-face with Daquan all game.

The long snapper and the PS player are probably not close contacts, though teams may wish to revisit their sideline protocols.

To my understanding, the game will only be cancelled or moved To another week if a whole position group is impacted to the point where it will be too hard to substitute (ie 3 OL, etc). Right now that’s not the case. That’s why the whole PS Elevation policy for this year was put in place. Otherwise it could be moved to Monday or even Tuesday to get the titans some practice time 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Penfield45 said:

not looking good for our game. 

2 week incubation period. NFL will take as many precautions as they can. they already had another positive test come out from Tenn. 

This would’ve concerned me more last year when I was actually travelling to the game in Nashville. This year, if we get a Monday night flex to delay a little bit then it is what it is. Love a good primetime game. This Bills team deserves it so far.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-steelers-game-still-set-to-be-played-as-planned

Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans Week 4 game set to be played as scheduled

Published: Sep 29, 2020 at 04:08 PM

This info is 24 hours old. Apparently things have changed.

Hopefully its Monday.

Edited by No_Matter_What