Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

19m

The #Titans had three new player positives and five new personnel positives for COVID-19, sources tell me and

@MikeGarafolo

. Both Titans and Vikings, who hosted them Sunday, will suspend in person club activities starting today.

NOTE: Please stay on topic so this topic doesn't get pulled

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

·

19m

The #Titans had three new player positives and five new personnel positives for COVID-19, sources tell me and

@MikeGarafolo

. Both Titans and Vikings, who hosted them Sunday, will suspend in person club activities starting today.

Think their game vs the Steelers goes?  I'm not sure what the NFL protocol is in a situation like this.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Any chance their games are off? If so what does the league do? This isn't like the Premier League over here where you can just stick a midweek game in to catch up. You can't play twice a week in the NFL.

I'm surprised the answer to this question hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already.  This is the $1million question, and I feel like I haven't heard a peep about it. 

• Like (+1) 6

Carelessness. I’m sure that all of us have had this fear since last March. We’ve gotta really hope that this isn’t the start of a trend. These players and team staff need to take this seriously and avoid external contact. There wasn’t an opportunity to be in a bubble like the NBA or the NHL, so you have to create your own as a player or staff member who is in contact with players. Sounds like some people failed.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Any chance their games are off? If so what does the league do? This isn't like the Premier League over here where you can just stick a midweek game in to catch up. You can't play twice a week in the NFL.

Maybe adding an extra week of play at the end of the season?

• Like (+1) 9

Saturday feels very aggressive.... Have everyone continue daily testing. If nothing new pops up by Thursday, proceed with practice. Flex the game until Monday to allow for the lost day of practice for the titans. If new positives pop up, thats a different conversation entirely. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Carelessness. I’m sure that all of us have had this fear since last March. We’ve got a really hope that this isn’t the start of a trend. These players and team staff need to take this seriously and avoid external contact. It wasn’t an opportunity to be in a bubble like the NBA or the NHL, so you have to create your own as a player or staff member who is in contact with players. Sounds like some people failed.

Bound to happen. Hopefully it just serves as a wake up call.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm surprised the answer to this question hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already.  This is the $1million question, and I feel like I haven't heard a peep about it. 

I think they could probably get away with delaying the game until next Tuesday.... ie. 7 days after the shutdown. That would still give both teams a chance to turnaround for the following Sunday (when the Titans play the Bills ofc) but any longer delay and they have a problem.

• Like (+1) 2