Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Won’t they just come back as “false positives”?

according to reports on twitter, these are NOT false positives but actual positive cases

Also according to twitter, early contact tracing might suggest that this virus came from someone on the return flight home 

Just now, Pitch left said:

It would appear from watching the players that they practice little social distancing or other precautions. I get that its not very easy to do so on the field of play but they do little on the sidelines to protect themselves which makes you think practices aren't much different. You'd have to think there's more positives coming ... 

I think the players get tested before meeting with other players.

14 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Welp,  it was a fun season.  Talk to you guys again in March around the combine.

Ha. i told some friends after week 1... watch, this will be the best season since the SB teams, we'll be 12-2 or whatever and then Covid will strike and and cancel the last few games playoffs.  A very Buffalo thing to happen 

Feels like a bit of over reaction thus far.  This is why they test.  The additional practice squad players and the 3 week IR are the protections.  If contained to 3 I think the games move forward.

I will wait until more players become positive before I worry about cancelling the season.

Is it good/bad they play the Bills in 2 weeks?

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Feels like a bit of over reaction thus far.  This is why they test.  The additional practice squad players and the 3 week IR are the protections.  If contained to 3 I think the games move forward.

I will wait until more players become positive before I worry about cancelling the season.

Agree with this 100 percent. Lets see how the things in place work before we freak out lol. 

I think its a good thing they play us in 2 weeks, as long as the positive players are Henry, Tannehill and Brown : ) 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

true enough. The Falcons had it happen last week and they still were able to play to their normal standard of trash.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Is good/bad they play the Bills in 2 weeks?

Depends who the players and personnel are who tested positive and how long they are out. Otherwise it doesn’t make a big difference imo

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Finally get a good team after 20 years of sh!t sandwiches, and the whole thing could be threatened. I won’t overreact too much because I think the NFL has done a good job managing this,  but this is concerning. Actually, a little surprised it took 3 weeks. 

We'll have a good team next year too!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

This is what I expect to see happen - where possible they will make adjustments to the schedule.  Move a few games around and if needed add a bye week at the end.  

The goal is to contain and prevent spread.  The key is when the contact occurred and are the Vikings impacted beyond today.

The Titans are closed through Saturday and maybe longer if more positives show up.

The NFL hoped to avoid, but knew this was a likely issue.  I expect they have several plans depending on the extent of the breakout and will make adjustments.  They didn’t mess with the schedule immediately- but I would not be surprised to see some minor tweaks getting announced and maybe even adding some time where only a few teams play on a weekend and getting some extra TV money to help with next years cap.

Ah there it is. Big challenge sure,  but a few years ago the bills had to practice remotely due to the big snowstorm, move the game to a monday night in Detroit, and still won by a bazillion points. And that was before everyone was used to doing everything remotely 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Let’s take a deep breath here and start from scratch.  What’s the incubation period?  What I’m getting at is that it might be possible that the Titans picked this up after the game on Sunday (e.g., at a postgame celebration) and that it might be a “local” issue as opposed to something that affects multiple teams and players outside of a given social group.  

I will add this: driving through OP yesterday we saw a couple of our own guys hanging out without masks on at one of the local establishments.  People have to live, and I don’t knock them for that.  But the goal is to win the Super Bowl, and going to bars (which were very crowded, likely because of the weather) does not further that mission.  So hopefully the Titans picked this up after the game, and hopefully it’s a lesson for our own guys to double down on precautions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1