Jump to content
Shaw66

The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Has an NFL MVP fallen so fast so quick.  He's an okay QB at best.

Jackson is dependent on having an excellent offensive line. Every QB needs at least a decent one, mind you, but Jackson and the playbook Roman has built around Jackson is dependent on excellent OL play. They’ve been decimated by retirements and injuries. I think the ravens are cooked this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


he has the same players as he had last season 

 

who did the Cravens lose on offense?

They traded Hayden Hurst to the Falcons and pretty sure lost others on the Oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


come on.  
 

He was crowned MVP and a winner with the same crew 

 

that is what happens when you crown someone too soon. 

 

he’s not an elite QB and he may never be   

He earned his MVP award. Im not sure why you go out of your way to diminish what he did. Its an award. It has to be given to someone. He had an MVP type season. Get over it. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar Jackson career tds: 74

Josh Allen career tds: 74

 

One of these guys was THE entire League’s MVP just last year, and last year the other guy was mostly considered by many to be marginal NFL QB, at best.

 

Not many in the general football population would guess that it was this close, don’t ya think?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson threw the ball a bit better today. But if he doesn't greatly improve at throwing the ball to actual WR's soon, he'll start to look like the gadget QB some predicted and were labelled you know what for doing so. So far Jackson is no Murray...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lamar Jackson career tds: 74

Josh Allen career tds: 74

 

One of these guys was THE entire League’s MVP just last year, and last year the other guy was mostly considered by many to be marginal NFL QB, at best.

 

Not many in the general football population would guess that it was this close, don’t ya think?

That 74th TD by Josh is something Lamar can only make in his dream 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Putin said:

That 74th TD by Josh is something Lamar can only make in his dream 


look, I know it sounds like I am whining about the loss...but oh man that pass so deserved to be for a game they won, let alone a game winning td pass in the 4th quarter.

 

that’s one that should just be rememebered for a long time and I am worried that it won’t be.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:


look, I know it sounds like I am whining about the loss...but oh man that pass so deserved to be for a game they won, let alone a game winning td pass in the 4th quarter.

 

that’s one that should just be rememebered for a long time and I am worried that it won’t be.

It will be by Bills fans...that’s about it though 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is interesting is that they now make excuses for Lamar and give him the benefit of the doubt.  This was something Josh never got.

 

Thankfully he has a great TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lamar Jackson career tds: 74

Josh Allen career tds: 74

 

One of these guys was THE entire League’s MVP just last year, and last year the other guy was mostly considered by many to be marginal NFL QB, at best.

 

Not many in the general football population would guess that it was this close, don’t ya think?

 

Not in the slightest 

 

:lol:

 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

 

Not in the slightest 

 

:LOL:  

 

 

 

59 passing, 15 rushing for Jackson, including his two playoff games.

 

51 passing, 21 rushing and 2 receiving for Allen, including his one playoff game.

 

Everything sort of balances in the wash, because Josh has started more games (37-32) than Jackson (that's surprising, too), but Jackson has played in more games than Allen (41-38).

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest issue with this whole Lamar Jackson regression/being-figured-out is that people who defend him harp on not having guys that Mahomes, Allen have...

 

Ok, yes, nobody has what Mahomes has, but in regards to Allen.. Both Allen and Jackson are going to get paid soon.. you can't have everything.  

 

Allen doesn't have the running game or tight ends that Lamar Jackson has.  What Allen does have is great coaching and a top 5 WR unit.   Pick your struggle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Lamar is really a WR.

 

Murray is different.  He can throw.  He's got a fairly weak arm and that could eventually hurt him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

59 passing, 15 rushing for Jackson, including his two playoff games.

 

51 passing, 21 rushing and 2 receiving for Allen, including his one playoff game.

 

Everything sort of balances in the wash, because Josh has started more games (37-32) than Jackson (that's surprising, too), but Jackson has played in more games than Allen (41-38).

 

yet as you said one guy was MVP,  the other frowned upon.

 

The Ravens had the better team last season. But last season was last season.  

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...