The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Shaw66

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

IF you can stop the run you can stop the offense. One Dimensional. Easier to do then stop a Hot Passing game. 

Well, I'll take the win - as Josh said, there's no style points in the playoffs - but I don't think this game tells us a whole lot about offensive football theory in general.

The Ravens lost because of one horrid snap and one really good defensive play by Taron Johnson. OK, you can pin part of that one on Lamar, but it was still really well done by Taron.

These are two really good football teams, and very often a play or two will be the difference. Just like it was tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Jackson is a quality young man, who is an amazing athlete, and enjoyed a lot of success. He's still only 24. He's going to have to get better reading defenses and as a QB in general though before he will go any further. You shut him down running and he crumbles. It's been this way for years now. I actually think Roman may be more of a hindrance in the long run if they want to actually develop Lamar. 

Edited by H2o

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

On his running merits. TDs notwithstanding. 

He's not a complete QB and many here have been saying this for a while.

He’s a very good young player.

He’s got flaws, (like most young players) but he’s a top 10 QB in this league and is under 25 years of age.

Edited by BillsFan130

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

.... reigning mvp man... you’re right, he sucks..

Do you really think he will ever win MVP again??

That year it was a gimmick offense that had not been figured out yet....the Bills certainly figured out how to stop him today, and I'm sure the 30 other teams will be watching the film of this game and by next year all teams will have his number.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly Idk if the ravens will pay him the big bucks. Maybe some other team will overpay for him. He’s a one truck pony at QB. I think the NFL has figured him out and he didn’t adjust his game this season

The Ravens are in a tough spot and I don't envy them at all.   Do they pay $40M/year when he's more of a runner than QB and needs a great defense to succeed?

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Do you really think he will ever win MVP again??

That year it was a gimmick offense that had not been figured out yet....the Bills certainly figured out how to stop him today, and I'm sure the 30 other teams will be watching the film of this game and by next year all teams will have his number.

possible he wins another one.

Bills figured out how to stop him hmm.

Not like the huge wind had anything to do with that?

Did you not notice that Allen wasn’t on his A game tonight? ..

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is: why not be thrilled that our D "cowboyed up" and we won, instead of dumping on a player who got (unfortunately, and cleanly) injured?

I'm not trying to dump on him. I'm just saying it is looking more and more like his style cannot carry you further than a participation trophy in the playoffs. Elite athleticism only gets you so far. Eventually you have to sit back and read the field and beat the coverage with your throw. He can't do it.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jackson is a quality young man, who is an amazing athlete, and enjoyed a lot of success. He's still only 24. He's going to have to get better reading defenses and as a QB in general though before he will go any further. You shut him down running and he crumbles. It's been this way for years now. I actually think Roman may be more of a hindrance in the long run if they want to actually develop Lamar. 

Totally agree theyre not really trusting him with the offense to change calls up at the line etc he just goes out there and plays and does everything their offense asks him to do

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm not trying to dump on him. I'm just saying it is looking more and more like his style cannot carry you further than a participation trophy in the playoffs. Elite athleticism only gets you so far. Eventually you have to sit back and read the field and beat the coverage with your throw. He can't do it.

Right. You can be happy beyond belief that the Bills won and still offer legitimate criticism of Lamar Jackson. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Wind had a decent part. So did play calling.  So did his first half decision making. 3 times he could of easily thrown for a first down and instead threw the ball deep

You have to give it to Baltimore's defense.. they are the real deal

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

You are dreaming if you think he wins another MVP......I don't want to argue on such a happy night for our Bills, so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Wind had a decent part. So did play calling.  So did his first half decision making. 3 times he could of easily thrown for a first down and instead threw the ball deep

You have to give it to Baltimore's defense.. they are the real deal

They are (and along with the Colts are the 2 best defenses they'll face in the playoffs) but the wind was a clear detriment to the Bills' passing game.