The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Shaw66

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing Allen needs to do to prove he's the best is come out next season and prove he wasn't some one year wonder.  Doesn't even need to be as good, just play decent.  Then he'll get all the praise.

Shouldn't be a problem

Allen:

2018 Games 1-6      61.8 rating

2018 Games 7-12    72.6 rating

2019 Games 13-20  82.9 rating

2019 Games 21-27  88.8 rating

2020 Games 29-36 102.4 rating

2020 Games 40-46 111.6 rating

2021 ???

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think LJ is an extremely exciting QB to watch, but exciting does not make you HOF. Marvin Harrison was a "boring reciever" but is still one of the best all time. Exciting and great often go together but not always. i also feel this is the appropriate time to point out that a certain west coast fan on here called me a racist for stating nothing other that I thought Josh would be better than LJ about 10 months ago, he thankfully was wrong and i was right.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen did not give the game away against the Texans last year. He did everything he could to keep us in it. Allen didn't have his best game today but he made no big mistakes and managed the game. That's winning playoff football.

I agree, but he made some mistakes that if he had executed, could have won it.  Other Ravens players *cough* Mekari *cough* made mistakes.

My point is: why not be thrilled that our D "cowboyed up" and we won, instead of dumping on a player who got (unfortunately, and cleanly) injured?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I felt bad for Lamar initially.  Then I realized he's going to be making huge bucks soon and I didn't anymore.

Honestly Idk if the ravens will pay him the big bucks. Maybe some other team will overpay for him. He’s a one truck pony at QB. I think the NFL has figured him out and he didn’t adjust his game this season

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I can’t tell you how happy I was to completely shut him down.  I can’t stand him as an NFL quarterback 

Get some sleep, and looking for to thoughts in no particular order, so take you’re Tylenol pm, eat you’re wheatties, and you and Shaw, put you’re thoughts together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Get some sleep, and looking for to thoughts in no particular order, so take you’re Tylenol pm, eat you’re wheatties, and you and Shaw, put you’re thoughts together.

You’ll have them in the morning

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DJB said:

Lamar and that offense has been figured out. He can't pass efficiently enough so just load the box and stop the run. 

Great call by the OP

His "one trick" is still good enough to beat 80% of the teams in the league and secure a 10-6 ecord or better every year. Not bad. You could do a lot worse. But glad we have #17.

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think it's telling that their offense looked exactly the same with Huntley in the game.

I mean they don't have another offense all they could do was try and use their RBs and try and throw it.

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Y'know, this could just be me, but it seems in poor taste to bump this, much less sticky it, when the guy went out injured with the 4Q left to play.

How about wander over to the Postgame thread and BE THRILLED THAT WE'RE GOING TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP?

Not trying to be mean to Lamar he's an incredible athlete but tonight highlighted the thing he has to work on the most his passing game. If Lamar wants to last long in the League he needs to at least be a good passer not average.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree, but he made some mistakes that if he had executed, could have won it.  Other Ravens players *cough* Mekari *cough* made mistakes.

My point is: why not be thrilled that our D "cowboyed up" and we won, instead of dumping on a player who got (unfortunately, and cleanly) injured?

I don't think it's so much dumping on Lamar... I can only speak for myself here but I got tired of hearing all the ball washing Lamar gets when he can't throw the football.  Great... he is the most amazing runner the league has ever seen.  He plays QB though.  Half his TD's come on 1 yard read option flips or completely broken coverage because people are trying to contain him.  He just isn't a good QB.  If thats dumping then thats dumping.  It's still true.  Great athlete.  Bad QB. 

I expect next season he will be even worse because we just exploited them with a defense that hasn't really played good all season.  Other teams will follow suite.  This is exactly why SF's dominance only last a couple years.  It's exactly why Tyrod looked decent for a year.  Roman is figured out and now so is Lamar.  Sure, he will still beat bad defenses but more and more teams will be more and more prepared for him now.  Lamar may be the greatest person on earth but all the ball washing rubbed me the wrong way.  Every time I got slammed for pointing out he isn't a good QB rubbed me the wrong way.  So yeah, I enjoy gloating a little after our team just shut him down.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was not playing well enough to win before injury so he just avoided embarassment.

He wanted out of that game.............he was getting dominated, and he made a boneheaded throw that led to a 101 yard pick 6 that effectively ended the game.

I don't hate Lamar, but the idiots on TV that prop him up as a great QB are the same idiots who crap all over Josh Allen even when its obvious that Allen is 100 times the QB that Jackson will ever be(Bomani Jones, Foxworth)....I can't wait to see them come up with their excuses on Monday!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

Just now, Special K said:

He wanted out of that game.............he was getting dominated, and he made a boneheaded throw that led to a 101 yard pick 6 that effectively ended the game.

I don't hate Lamar, but the idiots on TV that prop him up as a great QB are the same idiots who crap all over Josh Allen even when its obvious that Allen is 100 times the QB that Jackson will ever be(Bomani Jones, Foxworth)....I can't wait to see them come up with their excuses on Monday!!!

Lamar Wanted out of that game?

Come on man do you honestly believe that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This thread was getting bumped after this game regardless of the results on the field.

This may not be a popular take but I didn’t think Jackson had a bad game......until the pick 6.

The conditions were awful.

Edited by Beast