The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Shaw66

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Y'know, this could just be me, but it seems in poor taste to bump this, much less sticky it, when the guy went out injured with the 4Q left to play.

Lamar gave the game away. These are the sorts of games where one mistake loses it. He made that mistake. I feel bad he had to suffer another playoff loss from the locker room but Ravens fans have to be wondering if you can win a Super Bowl with him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Lamar gave the game away. These are the sorts of games where one mistake loses it. He made that mistake. I feel bad he had to suffer another playoff loss from the locker room but Ravens fans have to be wondering if you can win a Super Bowl with him.

We were there last year.  It happens sometimes to good players.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Y'know, this could just be me, but it seems in poor taste to bump this, much less sticky it, when the guy went out injured with the 4Q left to play.

How about wander over to the Postgame thread and BE THRILLED THAT WE'RE GOING TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP?

i am SICK of hearing fans, analysts, and trolls whether it be here, Reddit, espn, nfl network, cbs, whatever/wherever say that LJ was and is the best QB in the class. I’m sick and tired of all the bills disrespect. It’s time for them to eat all the possible crow there is.

GO JOSH. GO BILLS. AND GO BUFFALO!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How about wander over to the Postgame thread and BE THRILLED THAT WE'RE GOING TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP?

Half the fourth quarter to play, but I get your point.  I certainly was not hoping for an injury, but the Bills made Lamar look the poor excuse for a QB that he is while he was in there.  His absence from the game was not the difference, and his injury does not change the fact that he is a poor NFL QB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Now it becomes an interesting question again when asking who the best QB in the 2018 draft class is.  Last year it was Jackson without question, now in my opinion, Allen has the stronger case.   Still plenty of career left for both, but it is interesting how quickly things can change.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Meanwhile Schoop thinks they need better wideouts.  They dont run real plays!!! Everything is a scramble drill.  

Schoop  has no understanding of the game that does not begin and end with fantasy points.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i am SICK of hearing fans, analysts, and trolls whether it be here, Reddit, espn, nfl network, cbs, whatever/wherever say that LJ was and is the best QB in the class. I’m sick and tired of all the bills disrespect. It’s time for them to eat all the possible crow there is.

The one thing Allen needs to do to prove he's the best is come out next season and prove he wasn't some one year wonder.  Doesn't even need to be as good, just play decent.  Then he'll get all the praise.

In fact, you could make the argument Jackson was a one year wonder to some extent.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We were there last year.  It happens sometimes to good players.

Allen did not give the game away against the Texans last year. He did everything he could to keep us in it. Allen didn't have his best game today but he made no big mistakes and managed the game. That's winning playoff football.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I don't care as much about hearing it on TV. But I'm all on board with you when it's here. Acknowledge talent on other teams but realize that the team you supposedly back is head and shoulders above Lamar...I mean other talent.

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was not playing well enough to win before injury so he just avoided embarassment.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Meanwhile Schoop thinks they need better wideouts.  They dont run real plays!!! Everything is a scramble drill.  

Brown is a good WR.  They replaced one Brown with another.