The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Shaw66

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lamar Jackson career tds: 74

Josh Allen career tds: 74

One of these guys was THE entire League’s MVP just last year, and last year the other guy was mostly considered by many to be marginal NFL QB, at best.

Not many in the general football population would guess that it was this close, don’t ya think?

That 74th TD by Josh is something Lamar can only make in his dream 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

That 74th TD by Josh is something Lamar can only make in his dream 

look, I know it sounds like I am whining about the loss...but oh man that pass so deserved to be for a game they won, let alone a game winning td pass in the 4th quarter.

that’s one that should just be rememebered for a long time and I am worried that it won’t be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

look, I know it sounds like I am whining about the loss...but oh man that pass so deserved to be for a game they won, let alone a game winning td pass in the 4th quarter.

that’s one that should just be rememebered for a long time and I am worried that it won’t be.

It will be by Bills fans...that’s about it though 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Lamar Jackson career tds: 74

Josh Allen career tds: 74

One of these guys was THE entire League’s MVP just last year, and last year the other guy was mostly considered by many to be marginal NFL QB, at best.

Not many in the general football population would guess that it was this close, don’t ya think?

Not in the slightest 

:lol:

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Not in the slightest 

:LOL:  

59 passing, 15 rushing for Jackson, including his two playoff games.

51 passing, 21 rushing and 2 receiving for Allen, including his one playoff game.

Everything sort of balances in the wash, because Josh has started more games (37-32) than Jackson (that's surprising, too), but Jackson has played in more games than Allen (41-38).

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

My biggest issue with this whole Lamar Jackson regression/being-figured-out is that people who defend him harp on not having guys that Mahomes, Allen have...

Ok, yes, nobody has what Mahomes has, but in regards to Allen.. Both Allen and Jackson are going to get paid soon.. you can't have everything.  

Allen doesn't have the running game or tight ends that Lamar Jackson has.  What Allen does have is great coaching and a top 5 WR unit.   Pick your struggle.  

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

59 passing, 15 rushing for Jackson, including his two playoff games.

51 passing, 21 rushing and 2 receiving for Allen, including his one playoff game.

Everything sort of balances in the wash, because Josh has started more games (37-32) than Jackson (that's surprising, too), but Jackson has played in more games than Allen (41-38).

yet as you said one guy was MVP,  the other frowned upon.

The Ravens had the better team last season. But last season was last season.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Roman can scheme for the run game like nobody's business but it looks to me like Lamar is not appreciably better as a passer than he was at Louisville. I liked him a lot coming out because I thought he showed promise as a passer and we all knew the kind of runner he was. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see much if any progression. -He's at best a tier 2 passer. If I'm right, at the end of the day that's just not good enuf to win a championship. Having a good running game is important but that should be the RBs job. The QBs job is to throw the football. It's a passing league. I expect the Ravens to implode in the playoffs once again. Just too easy to contain when the going gets tough.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the Browns weren't defending him well at all.

that is a good defense he played tonight, and he gave them fits. 

if we have to play the ravens, we are going to need to contain him. We haven’t done a great job setting the edge all year against mobile QB’s. I really hope we have the scheme and players to do it. 

14 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Roman can scheme for the run game like nobody's business but it looks to me like Lamar is not appreciably better as a passer than he was at Louisville. I liked him a lot coming out because I thought he showed promise as a passer and we all knew the kind of runner he was. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see much if any progression. -He's at best a tier 2 passer. If I'm right, at the end of the day that's just not good enuf to win a championship. Having a good running game is important but that should be the RBs job. The QBs job is to throw the football. It's a passing league. I expect the Ravens to implode in the playoffs once again. Just too easy to contain when the going gets tough.

I agree he has not been developed as a passer.    He showed a lot of potential as a passer at Louisville. 

If you recall,  when Roman was here Trent Dilfer called his passing game design "high school level".

The Bills took a big gamble putting a raw, athletic QB like Josh Allen in a complicated New England style offense.

It lead to two very statistically rough years at the bottom of the league in completion % that probably would have gotten Allen benched on teams like Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

But now it's yielding results.   Mayfield and Jackson started out much quicker but now Allen is the most advanced of the bunch.

• Like (+1) 6