Is Josh Allen too good to be true?

StHustle

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No I disappear after the season is over & yes my #1 concern is watching games that I can enjoy.

Yes I said it over & over that I though Allen was hamstrung by the coaching and the offensive weapons they gave him.

2020 is a new story.

I will freely admit that I'll be thrilled if the defense gets gashed all year if that means Allen throws 300+ and the Bills are winning.  If you want 17-14 smash mouth, 1974 is calling....

BTW please remember the Bills record under McD pre 2020 was 25-23, the prior 3 years it was 24-24.

Been here 24-7 for almost 20 years.  I know

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No I disappear after the season is over & yes my #1 concern is watching games that I can enjoy.

Yes I said it over & over that I though Allen was hamstrung by the coaching and the offensive weapons they gave him.

2020 is a new story.

I will freely admit that I'll be thrilled if the defense gets gashed all year if that means Allen throws 300+ and the Bills are winning.  If you want 17-14 smash mouth, 1974 is calling....

BTW please remember the Bills record under McD pre 2020 was 25-23, the prior 3 years it was 24-24.

I would rather the D gets their act together with Allen throwing for 300+ and the Bills dominating on the scoreboard. If they are going to get by KC/BAL/PITT come playoff time then we will definitely need the D to step up.

26 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep returned to the board once the national nightmare was over (48 games without 300 yards passing😜).

I can't get over how much fun the first three weeks have been and that the offense is now imposing their will on opponents as opposed to whatever you want to call it in the past.

I have pretty much held coaching responsible for Josh Allen's "shortcomings" and stand by it, but will now say am very impressed with how 2020 has started.

However again I look at the two rookie QB's in Cincy & LA and again wonder why we held him back, which I know I posted many a time last year).  While not winning (and not excpected to)  Herbert & Burrow are getting valuable snaps and throws, that Allen was not from day 1.  And those teams will know exactly what they have.  Also  look at what Arizona is building around Kyler Murray in his second year (oh & he did have Larry Fitzgerald in his rookie season too). 

Compare that with Darnold, who like Allen year one has a mess of a receiving corp and questionable coaching.

I know I am giddy & expect 300 every week, but understand there maybe some speed bumps along the way, but I do wonder what the ceiling is, now that they've let the car out of the garage & let it on the highway. 

If you've been a BILLS' fan for longer than 10 years, there's just no way you don't have PTSD.

It's Ok to think Josh Allen has tuned a corner...because he has.  It's ok for it to take a little longer for some guys to "get it"...because it does.  It's ok to realize that for the first time since Marchibroda (Gailey was better than average but not at Teddy's level) that the BILLS have an OC who just flat out GETS IT.

JA was brought along the way he should have been.  Would it have been more ideal if he'd sat his first year?  Hard to say but it WAS the plan because the BILLS knew we just didn't have the offensive talent a rookie QB needs to be surrounded with to succeed.  There's a reason they replaced NINE offensive starters after his first season.

JH in SD is in a VERY good situation for a rookie QB but it's going to be interesting to watch how the league adapts now that there's some film. 

Why you ask people to watch anything in the way you liked, I'm think as much as you, but also let people enjoy Bills games the way they liked.

And your point about player's development is silly, every player has his time and ways to make it, the  way they take Allen was the right way for Allen  and for everyone in the team, especially Daboll who also growth with Allen

Edited by poblano

25 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I could not disagree with you more on this.  I believe coaching is a huge reason why he is having such a great year...that and his coach-ability as a player.

Coaching and surrounding talent are the difference between Allen and Darnold. Look at Eichel on the Sabres. He's likely the best player in the NHL, but how would you know with that clown show around him?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Coaching and surrounding talent are the difference between Allen and Darnold. Look at Eichel on the Sabres. He's likely the best player in the NHL, but how would you know with that clown show around him?

😳

Eichel is great, but he's not close to being in the best player in the league conversation IMO.

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2020 is a new story.

So in your world, you can’t have a 300 yard passer unless your defense gets gashed?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So in your world, you can’t have a 300 yard passer unless your defense gets gashed?

The way McD coached the prior 3 years, I'd say YES!!!!  Again 48 games & not a single one over 300....  No team went a season doing that over that time period, much less 3.