Is Josh Allen too good to be true?

StHustle

Yep returned to the board once the national nightmare was over (48 games without 300 yards passing😜).

I can't get over how much fun the first three weeks have been and that the offense is now imposing their will on opponents as opposed to whatever you want to call it in the past.

I have pretty much held coaching responsible for Josh Allen's "shortcomings" and stand by it, but will now say am very impressed with how 2020 has started.

However again I look at the two rookie QB's in Cincy & LA and again wonder why we held him back, which I know I posted many a time last year).  While not winning (and not excpected to)  Herbert & Burrow are getting valuable snaps and throws, that Allen was not from day 1.  And those teams will know exactly what they have.  Also  look at what Arizona is building around Kyler Murray in his second year (oh & he did have Larry Fitzgerald in his rookie season too). 

Compare that with Darnold, who like Allen year one has a mess of a receiving corp and questionable coaching.

I know I am giddy & expect 300 every week, but understand there maybe some speed bumps along the way, but I do wonder what the ceiling is, now that they've let the car out of the garage & let it on the highway. 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep returned to the board once the national nightmare was over (48 games without 300 yards passing😜).

I can't get over how much fun the first three weeks have been and that the offense is now imposing their will on opponents as opposed to whatever you want to call it in the past.

I have pretty much held coaching responsible for Josh Allen's "shortcomings" and stand by it, but will now say am very impressed with how 2020 has started.

However again I look at the two rookie QB's in Cincy & LA and again wonder why we held him back, which I know I posted many a time last year).  While not winning (and not excpected to)  Herbert & Burrow are getting valuable snaps and throws, that Allen was not from day 1.  And those teams will know exactly what they have.  Also  look at what Arizona is building around Kyler Murray in his second year (oh & he did have Larry Fitzgerald in his rookie season too). 

Compare that with Darnold, who like Allen year one has a mess of a receiving corp and questionable coaching.

I know I am giddy & expect 300 every week, but understand there maybe some speed bumps along the way, but I do wonder what the ceiling is, now that they've let the car out of the garage & let it on the highway. 

I could not disagree with you more on this.  I believe coaching is a huge reason why he is having such a great year...that and his coach-ability as a player.

• Like (+1) 3

Something to be said about building a young mans confidence. Herbert and Burrow have stats but at what cost? How confident can they be when burrow is throwing it 60 times in a game and losing and getting hit non stop? At this rate he could be shell shocked by week 10. They limited Allen on purpose. So he didn’t panic and have 1000 turnovers and crush his confidence. They built his confidence like they built the roster. 

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

In his last 14 games Allen has accounted for 33 TDs and 3 INTs. Its OK to actually believe what you are watching for once.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

To summarize:

I went away fro awhile because our qbs couldn’t throw for 300 yards

I’m having so much fun now

our coaches suck for disabling JA

whoa is me

whoa is darnold

I’m so happy, but I’d rather be sad

😳👊🏻

Temper it, because I expect 300+ every game.  Heck when you go back to the SB years, you realize that Kelly didn't do it that often.  

Yes I expect 4500 (minimum) to 5000+ yards this year & wondering is that reasonable?

The point of the post is that I am truly excited and enjoyed the first three games more then the last 48, and yes that is 100% because of the offense played.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

In his last 14 games Allen has accounted for 33 TDs and 3 INTs. Its OK to actually believe what you are watching for once.

But remember that Darnold is better. Jets fans say so and they are the most intelligent fanbase in all of sports.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To summarize:

I went away fro awhile because our qbs couldn’t throw for 300 yards

I’m having so much fun now

our coaches suck for disabling JA

whoa is me

whoa is darnold

I’m so happy, but I’d rather be sad

😳👊🏻

No I disappear after the season is over & yes my #1 concern is watching games that I can enjoy.

Yes I said it over & over that I though Allen was hamstrung by the coaching and the offensive weapons they gave him.

2020 is a new story.

I will freely admit that I'll be thrilled if the defense gets gashed all year if that means Allen throws 300+ and the Bills are winning.  If you want 17-14 smash mouth, 1974 is calling....

BTW please remember the Bills record under McD pre 2020 was 25-23, the prior 3 years it was 24-24.

Edited by Billsfan1972