Is Josh Allen too good to be true?

StHustle

I think many of us fans are having challenges soaking up at least some aspect of our current success.

Some of us cant accept that the media at large believes in us. 

Some of us struggle with simply believing this team won't collapse, like the multiple other seasons we started out fast before the inevitable crash & burn.

Me? I'm struggling to believe Josh has truly improved this much. Its all so unreal. I'm a huge believer in Josh and in my wildest expectations wouldn't have thought he would take such a huge leap.

Accuracy issues? In these first 3 games alone, Josh probably has the top 3 passes by any Bills QB in over 2 decades. He went from being a guy who most felt, in the best case scenario, could marginally improve his accuracy to middle of the pack level which, when combined with everything else he brings to the table, would make him a respectable starter..maybe even a fringe top 10 guy. With his already proven intangibles and a great defense to boot...WE COULD BE CONTENDERS!

Josh heard his critics loud and clear and WOWZERS! He has improved to the point where he is throwing the ball with ELITE accuracy consistently and he moves in the pocket at an elite level as well (pocket presence was already very good but he has improved to elite).

Combine that with his already proven to be elite rushing ability, his elite comeback ability....and what do we have folks?

AN ELITE QUARTERBACK! One whose ceiling is greatest QB in Bills history!!

But wait a second. Its only 3 games in. He's gonna fall back to earth right? After a flukish 3 games, the analytics bastards will be proven right. Right?

Well folks...This is what I am personally struggling with accepting. As much as I want to believe it's real right now, I'll probably need to see it happen til mid season before I can let my walls down and come to accept what seems to be the impossible; Josh Allen has taken the leap to elite status! Is this real life?

This thread is indeed about whether or not Josh is too good to be true, but also share any struggles you may be dealing with believing our time has finally come again. If you are like me, the doubt is there but you don't speak on it. This thread is my first time sharing my feelings on this.

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I think many of us fans are having challenges soaking up at least some aspect of our current success.

Some of us struggle with simply believing this team won't collapse, like the multiple other seasons we started out fast before the inevitable crash & burn.

Me? I'm struggling to believe Josh has truly improved this much. Its all so unreal. I'm a huge believer in Josh and in my wildest expectations wouldn't have thought he would take such a huge leap.

Accuracy issues? In these first 3 games alone, Josh probably has the top 3 passes by any Bills QB in over 2 decades. He went from being a guy who most felt, in the best case scenario, could marginally improve his accuracy to middle of the pack level which, when combined with everything else he brings to the table, would make him a respectable starter..maybe even a fringe top 10 guy. With his already proven intangibles and a great defense to boot...WE COULD BE CONTENDERS!

Josh heard his critics loud and clear and WOWZERS! He has improved to the point where he is throwing the ball with ELITE accuracy consistently and he moves in the pocket at an elite level as well (pocket presence was already very good but he has improved to elite).

Combine that with his already proven to be elite rushing ability, his elite comeback ability....and what do we have folks?

But wait a second. Its only 3 games in. He's gonna fall back to earth right? After a flukish 3 games, the analytics bastards will be proven right. Right?

Well folks...This is what I am personally struggling with accepting. As much as I want to believe it's real right now, I'll probably need to see it happen til mid season before I can let my walls down and come to accept what seems to be the impossible; Josh Allen has taken the leap to elite status! Is this real life?

You have to keep in mind, every defense from every team isn’t as strong as they have been in past years. This point alone is why Allen will get better as the season goes on. And better from where he is right now is tantalizing to think about 

• Like (+1) 1

Ya - got a ways to go just yet before Berman calls him Josh but no worries.  It is a long season, JA will prove his doubters and non believers wrong.  Is he gonna have a few stinkers?  Well heck yeah.....but all in all he is gonna keep improving.  He has his head screwed on right.  He isn't drinking any koolaid.  Hell he is friends with TB12!!  Hows that for a sounding board when things get squirrelly?  I am in the camp that the OP will crest midseason and those wall will crumble......

GO BILLS!!!!

No. He’s the real deal

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Who's this Josh Allen?  At the halftime of the Chiefs-Ravens game, Chris Berman called him Jared Allen.

I was half asleep (I’m old as *****) and I thought I heard him say that. 

Edited by Brennan Huff

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

And there lies the problem with statistics. Most QBs with 52% accuracy do not have offensive coach continuity. And those QB’s did not have the unbelievable improvement in personnel. We have gone from Foster, Benjamin and Jones to Brown, Beasley and Duke to Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Davis. You put me in there and I will show a 20% improvement (from zero to 20 ha ha) just moving from Zay to Diggs.

3 games with 100 plus passes is a good enough sample to draw conclusions from. So long as our WR core remains healthy, Allen is gonna have the weapons to complete passes. 3 of our wideouts can win one on one matches and all 4 can separate. Defenses have to pick their poison.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

In his last 14 games Allen has accounted for 33 TDs and 3 INTs.

Enough said.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Verdict is still out w/me. I won't be a believer until he strings together a couple of 6 or 7 TD games.   All the greats have 6 TD games. 

I know...I set the bar pretty high. 

you're a piker.  i don't think we can declare Allen a franchise QB until he throws 100 TDs in a game and rushes for another 100.  Anything less than 1400 points scored in a game we might as well go back to Tuhrod

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If he were 6’1” 210 immobile with an average arm and showed this much command of the offense  and touch pass throwing he would be on track to be an all pro.  His 6’5 240 frame combined with his historic arm talent and mobility piled on top of his command of the offense and touch pass throwing does in fact make him too good to be true. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

If he were 6’1” 210 immobile with an average arm and showed this much command of the offense  and touch pass throwing he would be on track to be an all pro.  His 6’5 240 frame combined with his historic arm talent and mobility piled on top of his command of the offense and touch pass throwing does in fact make him too good to be true. 

If Josh Allen was throwing the ball in college anywhere near like he does now easily ends up in Cleveland.

• Awesome! (+1) 1