Complete long shot, But I wonder if Beane and McD can convince Alexander to come out of retirement.

7 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I love Lorenzo. He's a Bill for life. But you're either all-in or you're not. Enjoy your retirement, Lo!

My thoughts exactly. He always gave great interviews, has a million dollar smile, and should just get on with the next phase of his life. Preferably as an announcer. 

I respectfully disagree.  I think if Zo came back he would be the definition of all-in.  It is in his DNA.  The way he acted his entire career.  What kept him in the league so long despite the fact no one wanted him at the outset.  I think he senses this could be special, and that he respects McDermott enough to say "only if you think I can help, I will be there."

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I always felt bad for him--I think he wound up in the witness protection program?

derek-anderson-of-the-buffalo-bills-hold

giphy.gif

Really?  I don't...dude is married to a hot wife with a smoking body and has made almost $31 million in his career for mostly sitting on the bench...

Derek-Anderson-wife-Mallory-Anderson-pic

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Lots of comments about need and leadership... but that rams offense does that to a lot of teams and similar happened with him occasionally. Feels premature to jump to needing leadership and a guy off the street saving the defense.

let them play through it a bit.

while on the sideline, he can remind our players to “walk with that swagger”, a la Ray Lewis.

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Lorenzo said before that he would come out of retirement only if Buffalo needed him badly, I think it’s safe to say we need him and it would be nice to see him back out on the field as he would help and be a leader in the locker room along with Allen and many others. Thoughts??

For what purpose?  Even last year, whenever it was a passing down he'd come off for an extra DB.  Klein played one snap Sunday as they went with five DB's all game.  You could argue that they did that because of Klein's weakness or because the Rams passing game dictated, IMO it was the Rams play that caused the Bills to go with five DB's.  I don't recall last year when Milano was hurt, Alexander filling in for him.  Unless you suggest he play nose tackle I don't see that we'd gain much.

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I often wonder about comments like this.  Unless you are on the sidelines, in the locker room, at team meetings, and at practice, how would you know? 

It’s been well documented that he was a team leader on and off the field

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mpnnow.com/sports/20191227/bills-lb-lorenzo-alexander-ultimate-leader%3ftemplate=ampart

just one of many articles I found

Edited by Brennan Huff

13 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I love Lorenzo. He's a Bill for life. But you're either all-in or you're not. Enjoy your retirement, Lo!

agreed about getting on the field as a player? I hope it is never needed. But as a Coaching asset ?
:)

5 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I respectfully disagree.  I think if Zo came back he would be the definition of all-in.  It is in his DNA.  The way he acted his entire career.  What kept him in the league so long despite the fact no one wanted him at the outset.  I think he senses this could be special, and that he respects McDermott enough to say "only if you think I can help, I will be there."

This is also true.
No question if McBeanes called him ? He would be all in and then some ! and me too !
just hope Bills are not in  need of his help. Who wears # 57 now? Maybe we see what he can do yet ?

I think we need his leadership. I do.

I don't think this is far-fetched, because I noticed something very interesting on his segment on One Bills Live on Friday. He was constantly saying "we" and "us" when referring to the defense, much more so than usual and almost as if he is a part of it. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of an arrangement.